Scott Reed [10]

Your POV

Scott Reed. He was the man that I had always loved but I knew I had never deserved. I would never be good enough for the perfect boy that sat just inches away from me on my sofa, playing with my hair as we watched some random movie that I had no interest in. Let me explain, I had had these feelings towards Scott for about a year or so now, but recently they had gotten much stronger and I was finding it hard to hide them. Of course, I would never tell him because he's the most perfect, funny, attractive boy that I've ever met and I somehow get to call him my best friend...I'm not going to ruin that due to a stupid crush.

I looked at Scott and noticed that he looked deep in thought.
"Are you okay Scott?" I asked as he continued to play with my hair.
"Y-yeah I'm fine, why?" He replied, looking into my eyes, causing my heart to flutter.
"You just looked like you were deep in thought, what were you thinking about?" I asked, not breaking the eye contact between us.
"Honestly?" He asked and I nodded.
"I have feeling for this girl and I don't know what to do about it. We're friends and I just don't want to ruin what we have I guess." He sighed.
"Oh..." I felt my heart break into two, he had feelings for another girl.
Of course, I knew I had no chance with him but I always had a small amount of hope, now that was all gone.
"I mean...you should tell her before she ends up catching feelings for someone else and you lose your chance. I'm sure she likes you too, anyone would be lucky to have you." I mentally facepalmed at the last comment.
"I guess..." Scott sighed.

After a few moments of silence, Scott spoke up once again.
"Y/N?" He said.
"Hmm." I hummed in response.
"I really like you...Like really like you." Scott awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he admitted his feelings.
"Are you serious?" I asked, slightly shocked by his comment.
"I mean yeah. I get it if you don't feel the same way, I just wanted to tell you." He sighed.
"No, I like you too, a lot actually." I grinned, "I have for ages now, I never thought you would like me."
"What's not to like?" Scott grinned, causing me to laugh lightly, "So does that mean that you would maybe like to be my girlfriend?"
"I would love to." I blushed, pulling Scott in for a tight embrace.