Chapter 21

We've been sitting in the hospital for 3 hours now, Corbs is still not done. My stomach is growling and we already ate the apples, I am really doubting if i should get something out of the hospital shop, but it's always super expensive here.. "Corbs you hungry?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders, I know that after a chemo or 2 his taste will be awful. The last time everything tasted like old paper, but it's not that time yet. "Imma get some food i think so what do you want?" I ask and Corbs looks out of the window, I follow his gaze and i see the yellow m. We all know what that means :) "Oeehh Mac donalds!" I say and Corbs smiles, "can i get a big mac?" he says while he tilts his head sideways and he makes his eyes big. A smile appears on my face, "Of course!" I say and Corbs his smile gets even bigger. I get up from my lazy chair and i walk to a guy who is also in our room, "Knock knock" I say while i walk up to him, he's wearing a beanie and he has a skateboard laying next to him. "Hi" he says and a weak smile appears on his face, I smile back " So I am going to mac donalds you want something?" I ask and the eyes of that guy light up, "Oeh yes!" he says and he pulls himself up so he sits up straight. "What do you want?" I ask, "Can i get some french fries?" he asks and i nod. I walk to the other side of the room where a girl is sitting in a chair, she's reading a magazine. "Hey" I say and she looks up, "Hi" she says. "So i was going to mac donalds and i was wondering if you also wanted something" I say and a smile appears on that girl's face, she's young. I think around 13 years old, it's always sad to see that.... Corbs was also 13 when he had leukemia for the first time. "Can i get a happy meal?" she asks and a smile appears on my face. "Of course you can!" I say.

Her mom enters the room when i exit it, I look over my shoulder to see the reaction of the mom. The girl is all excited and the mom smiles at me.

When i get in my car with my bags full of food i spot the gang again. That's what i call them from now on, the gang are those annoying people who make fun of me oh and broke my car. I duck a bit behind my steer so they can't see me, I see that Daniel is walking with the boys and that stupid blonde girl who always looks bitchy at me tries to get his attention but he doesn't care bout her. When they're out of my sight i start the car and i drive away, when i look in my back mirror i can see that the gang entered the mac donalds.

When i enter the hospital with all my bags all the nurses look judgy and kinda mad, but well i don't care. When i enter the hallway which leads to Corbs his room in run into Jonah. Huh what is he doing here? "Hey Elle!" he says and a smile appears on his face. "Uh hey" I say questioning, "what are you doing here?" I ask and Jonah looks into the room where Corbs is, "I'm visiting my lil sister, what about you" he says, omg the lil girl i just bought food for is his little sister! "oh i am visiting my brother and bringing the others food" I say while i awkwardly smile. I'm still holding the bags with food and i kinda feel like an idiot with those bags. "Omg you are the girl who made Svea so happy!" he says, "oh yeah i just thought it was fair to give the others some food too" I say. "Well still, you made my lil sister her day" he says. "Well let's enter the room, we don't want the food to get cold" I say and Jonah nods. I walk to Bean and i grab his big mac out of one of the bags, I also bought him some french fries and a chocolate milkshake. "Here you go" I say when i put it all on his table, "Thanks Ellie!" he says while he hugs me tightly. I hand the others the food and some extras and then I walk back to Corbs. The rest of the hour goes by very quickly, we spend it talking with Jonah and that guy with the beanie, his name is Jack.