Chapter 86

I put my hand under her chin and i turn her head to me, I wipe a tear away, she opens her eyes and she looks me right in the eye. Her beautiful blue eyes are red cause of crying. I pull her into a hug and to my surprise she doesn't try to get away. She also wraps her arms around my chest and she holds me tightly, I lean on her head with my chin and we just sit like that for like 10 minutes. I slowly let go off her and she looks up to me, "So uh, is your brother going to wake up?" I ask and she shrugs her shoulders, "The doctors told me that he's getting weaker..." she says and she looks at her hands. "And where are your parents?" I ask and rage and sadness fill her eyes. "Not here" she says with clenched teeth, "I see that, but where are they?" I ask again and she shakes her head. "You're gonna hate me" she says and i frown, "I'm not, I promise" I say and i try to make eye contact with her. She shakes her head, "You know what, why don't you tell me tomorrow morning? When you're sober again" I say and she nods. "Now let's get you ready for bed" I say and she looks up to me and it looks like she's scared. Scared for what? Is there a neighbor trying to harass her something? Why would she be mad otherwise? "I'm gonna be here, nothing's gonna happen" I say and she nods. She gets up from the bed and she slowly walks to her closet, she grabs some sport shorts and a sweater. I get up from the bed and i exit the room to give her some privacy, I leave my flashlight in there so she can see something. I search for Elle her backpack, when i found it i grab her phone out of it and i turn on the flashlight. I look at the phone, the whole screen is cracked. I look around me and i see another door, I open it and i see a different room. There's a bed in there and a closet, other than that there's nothing. This must've been Corbs his room, I walk back to Elle her room and she's sitting on her bed while she's holding my phone. She shining the flashlights at the ceiling while making little figures with her hands, I smile and i sit down at the bed next to her. "Here" she says while she hands me some sweatpants and my own school sweatshirt i borrowed her a few weeks ago. I smile, "Thanks" I say and she smiles at me. She has the cutest smile ever! I exit the room and i quickly change into the clothes she gave me, I walk back to her room and she's already laying down with Tommy in her arms, "You can sleep on that side" she says while she points at the empty spot next to her, I just nod and i get in the bed. I look at Elle and she's facing me, her eyes are closed and he face looks beautiful, I turn off my flashlight and i also close my eyes, I slowly start to drift away.

Suddenly i hear a scream which wakes me up immediately, I sit up straight and i look around me, the sun is already rising so there's some light in the room. I see Elle twisting and turning besides me, her hair is wet from the sweat and her fists are clenched. I gently shake her shoulder to wake her up, she opens her eyes immediately, I can see the fear in her face. When she sees me she relaxes, I pull her into a hug and she doesn't fight it, she wraps her arms around me and holds me tight. What just happened? Did she has a nightmare or something? After some time she let's go off me and she gets up from the bed, she walks to the kitchen while she has her hands in her hair. I hear her talking to herself, "Omg you are so stupid Elle!, he's back here again, if his mom finds out you are dead" she says and i frown, I slowly get up from the bed and i walk to the kitchen, I see Elle sitting at the table while her head is buried in her hands. I search through her cabinets for some painkillers, she had a lot of alcohol last night so she probably has a huge hangover. I grab her a glass of water. I put it down on the table and i sit down across her, she looks up and she grateful takes the painkiller and she finishes the water within seconds. "What happened last night?" she asks and she looks anxious, "You told me about Corbs" I say while i bite my lip, she just nods. "And something bout my mom, that she would get mad at you if she found out i was here, oh and you didn't want to tell me where your parents were cause i would hate you" She goes through her hair. "How did you wake up?" she asks and i look at my hands, "I heard you scream so i startled and i saw you twisting and turning so i woke you up" I say and she bites her lip. "Did i say other weird things?" she says and i shake my head no, "We did make a deal" I say and she looks up at me, "You would tell me now why i would hate you if i knew where your parents are, plus why my mom would get mad" I say and she weakly smiles. "I was really drunk wasn't i" she says and i nod, a little smile appears on my face too. "So uh are you going to tell me why i'm going to hate you? Plus why my mom's going to get mad at you if she finds out i'm here?" I ask.