Chapter 59

Your pov

When i run up the stairs i feel tears coming up in my eyes, I miss my mom so much. When i saw Daniel's mom I just started missing her so bad. I would tell my mom about Daniel too, she would probably humiliate me too.... I don't completely get why i snapped at him like that. Well i kinda do, he was talking superbad bout his mom and when he said the word parents i just snapped. When i open the door to the apartment i stop fighting the tears and i slowly slide down against the door. I bury my head into my hands and i just cry, I hear some footsteps approach and i look up. "Omg Ellie! What's wrong?" Corbs says while he walks up to me, he isn't walking fast. He looks super pale and i immediately forget about all the problems with daniel. "I-I'm fine, but how are you? Y-you look s-super p-pale" I say while i trip over my own words. Corbs doesn't answer the question, instead he falls onto the ground with closed eyes. Omg no, nonononnoononononnono. This cannot be happening. I immediately check his heart rate, I catch it, it's slow but it's there. Then i jump up and i grab my phone, I diall 911 and i let them send an ambulance.

The next 10 minutes go by in slow motion, I have no idea what the hell i am doing. I texted Jonah.

I just walk circles in our apartment when i hear a knock on my door, I immediately open it and i see Jonah. I let him in and he's shocked. "Omg is he okey?" he asks and he kneels down next to Corbs to feel his heart rate. "I-i don't know" I say and i burst down in tears again. Jonah pulls me into a hug and holds me tightly, I just cry my eyes out.

When the ambulance is finally here i get in the back and Jonah and i decided to meet up at the hospital. The ambulance has the sirens on, the nurses are attaching Corbs to all sorts of machines. They ask me questions and i try to answer them as good as i can.

I'm sitting on a chair next to Corbs his hospital bed, Jonah is getting some coffee for us. I have Corbs his hand in my hand and i'm not gonna let go. He's stable right now but they're not sure what's wrong with him, they think he has some kind of virus. He's not aloud to leave the hospital for a while... And i am not aloud to sleep here... So hello nightmares again, it felt so nice that they were gone. I wasn't afraid to close my eyes, I wasn't afraid to go to bed but now...

Jonah enters the room and sits down on a chair next to me, "how are you feeling?" he asks and i shrug my shoulders, "I'm a total mess" I say which is true. "Did you call your parents?" he says and i break the eye contact and i look at my hands. I am a good liar but for some reason i feel like Jonah isn't buying my lies. "Oh uh yeah, but they can't be here that soon... Probably tomorrow tho" I say and i just know that it's bullshit. It probably sounds like bullshit too cause Jonah frowns, "Elle" he says and i bite my lip. What the hell should i answer? The truth? No no not the truth. "uh they're not here anymore" I say and that's true. They're both gone, "Oh i am so sorry" he says and i can see he's embarrassed. "It's okey" I say and i force myself to smile. "Elle" Jonah says and i look up to him, "I saw that black jeep exit the parking lot when i arrived here" he says and i feel the anger again. "Did he do something?" he asks and i shake my head no, "No he didn't do anything, we just" I rub my eye, "We just had a fight" I say finishing my sentence and Jonah looks concerned. "a fight?" he asks. "yeah well, he was complaining bout his mom and i just snapped, cause well. I don't have one anymore" I say while tears fill up my eyes. I try to blink them away but it doesn't work. Jonah immediately pulls me into a hug again and he doesn't let go of me for a while. "That guy is an asshole" he says and i pull back, "Well i kinda like that asshole" i say. I finally said it out loud. Don't matter how hard i keep pushing him away, he just keeps coming back and i don't know why, but i think i've been kinda starting to catch some feelings. That's why it hurted me even more, he was saying those things bout his mom and i was so mad that he said those things. And i was also sad cause his mom was awesome! She was super sweet and that made me miss my own mom even more.

I hated that i yelled at him, I hope i didn't make him feel bad. I do hope he learns to appreciate his mom now, cause well i do not have one. And i didn't appreciate mine until i lost her, when i lost her i felt how much i needed her.

"Ohhh, well maybe he fixes it" Jonah says and shrug my shoulders. "I think that i also messed up so my chances are gone" I say and Jonah shakes his head, "Don't ever say that again, do you hear me!" he says and i nod my head, "good" he says.

At like 10 Jonah needs to go cause he needs to wake up early for school tomorrow, he was really doubting but i just told him that he needed to go. I'm still wearing Daniel's sweater and to be honest, it is very comfy. Then i suddenly hear a knock on the door and the doctor enters the room, "Hey elle" he says while he walks up to me. "Hey" I say and i am honestly hoping he's gonna tell me that Corbs is gonna be fine. "So Corbyn has a virus, a pretty bad one. We're not sure if he's gonna make it... We're gonna put him in a coma so we can treat him better, if you want to tell him something i suggest that you do that now cause we're not sure if he ever wakes up again, but it is our best option" he says and he immediately leaves the room again. Corbs was sleeping the whole time so i gently shake his shoulder. He slowly opens his eyes and tears start to form in my eyes, "Hey Corbs" I say and he smiles, "Hey Ellie" he replies and i just can't hold my tears in. "You're gonna be put in a coma and we're not sure if you'll ever wake up" I say and Corbs is shocked. "Why?" he asks with a weak voice, "Cause it's our best option" I say and he grabs my hand and holds it tightly, "I promise you i will wake up" he says and he also has tears in his eyes. "I can't live without you Corbs, you are my everything. I need you" I say while the tears are now streaming down my face. I pull him into a hug and we just stay like that for a while and then the doctor enters the room again. Corbs is still holding my hands when they give him the medicine that will bring him in a coma. I feel that Corbs his grip on my hand is slowly fading away and i don't bother to stop the tears.