Chapter 19

I enter the restaurant and I walk to the kitchen, I see that Jonah is already sitting at the small table. "Hey!" I say while I sit down at a chair across him. "Hi" he says while he looks up from his phone. Today it's only the two of us till 12 then someone will change shifts with us. "So let's open" Jonah says while he gets up from his chair and he puts on his apron. I also get up and I turn on the coffee machine, it always needs to warm up a bit. Jonah walks to the front door and changes the sign from closed to open. He walks back to the kitchen, I hear the ring of the door and I look up from the coffee machine. I see the bleached blonde hair and I sigh. He walks up to the bar and sits down across me, "Would you like something to drink?" I ask and he looks at the menu. "A latte macchiato please" he says and I nod. I start with making it but I keep my eye on him. He's just sitting there on his phone, why the hell is he here. I draw a leave on his coffee and I give it to him, "Why are you here Seavey?" I ask and I lean on the bar. He doesn't answer right away, he grabs his coffee first and blows in it. "Did you draw this?" he asks while changing the subject, "No that just happened" I say sarcastic. He laughs, "It looks good" he says and then he takes a sip. "So back to my question, why are you here?" I ask again, he puts his coffee down and looks me right in the eye. "What did you mean with trap?" he asks and I laugh, "Listen, I am not stupid Seavey. I do have brains and I know that your friends hate me so I know that they send you to make me fall for you and then when the school year starts you guys can all make fun of me" I say and I walk away to another customer. I help him and I walk to my bar to make another coffee. "Elle you know that that's not true" Daniel says and he grabs my hand, "Just stop with touching me" I say and I pull back my arm roughly. "Sorry, but just believe me I'm not playing games. I just wanted to make it up with you for what my friends did." He says and I just continue with making coffee. "Okey well you did that now" I say, "Okey good" he says. We look into each other's eyes for a while when we both startle from the sound of the bell. I quickly break the eye contact and I bring the coffee to the customer.

When I get back to the bar Daniel left, I don't know why but I do feel kinda sad. He left the bill, I open the little book and I see that this time he left a normal tip. There's also a little note in there, gosh I knew it. It is a trap, this only happens in movies and let me tell you, my life is not like a movie, maybe a really depressive one but those note thingies only happen in romantic movies.

I open the note and it says: I really hope you stop thinking that this is a trap, but I just wanted to let you know that I am really sorry for what happened yesterday. I let Bud fix your car!

Daniel

I roll my eyes, damn this guy is trying way to hard it's just getting obvious. It was better if those friends of him chose someone else to trick me.