Chapter 33

Your pov

When we arrive at our apartment it's like 11 pm, Corbs is really tired and i completely get that. It's been a long and intense day for the both of us, I help Corbs up the stairs and into our apartment. He immediately walks to my room and he lets himself fall onto the bed. "goodnight" I say but he's already asleep. I walk to the little living room we have and i sit down at the table. I look out of the window, it's really dark right now and i can see the stars. It's beautiful, mom also loved the stars.

I just sit there while the tears slowly roll down my cheeks, I don't bother to wipe them away.

After i don't know how many minutes, I get up and i walk to my room. I change into a t-shirt and some sport leggings and i get in the bed. I just look up to the ceiling, is it weird to say that you're afraid to sleep?

When the first lights of the sun reach my eyes, it feels like i haven't slept at all. I maybe have slept an hour or something, but nothing more than that. I walk to our small bathroom and i turn on a very hot shower, I grab my work clothes and i get in the shower.

I honestly love taking showers, especially really hot ones. I wash my hair thoroughly, I feel that there's some sand in my hair.

When i'm showered and changed i just let my hair dry to the air, I'm gonna put it up in a bun anyway. I wipe the steam off the mirror in the bathroom so i can do my make up. I decided that i'm gonna wear some mascara for the first time since i live here, I also put some concealer on my breakouts. When i'm done with that i brush my hair and i walk to the kitchen, I grab my phone which I completely forgot to charge yesterday and i put in the charger. It's not 6.30 so i got plenty of time for breakfast, I make Corbs his favorite breakfast: bagels with a baked egg. I cut the bagels in half and i put them in the toaster, then i grab two eggs and i bake them. When i'm done with the breakfast i put everything on plates and i put them on our small table, I brew two coffees for me and Corbs. I put that on the table too and then i walk to my room where Corbs is still sleeping. I slowly walk to the bed and i sit down, I lightly shake his shoulder "Corbs?" I say softly. "Hmmm" he says while he stretches his arms. "goodmorning" I say, "Morning Ellie" he says while he lift himself up by his arms. I help him out of the bed and he walks to the table with his walking stick. "omg my favorite breakfast!!" Corbs yells, I just smile and i sit down across him.

"So did you sleep?" Corbs asks, I just shrug my shoulders "Sleep is not necessary" I reply and i take a bite from my bagel. "Elle" Corbs says with a sharp tone, "I know I have to sleep, but i just" I say and i don't finish my sentence, "Yesterday night was horrible Corbs, it all happened again. I felt everything again" I say. Corbs nods, "I know it's horrible Elle but you need to sleep, sleep is very important" Corbs says and he takes a sip from his coffee. "Yeah i know, I'm gonna sleep tonight" i say while i look at my bagel. I completely lost my appetite when i thought back of my dream, or the real moment... The rest of the breakfast is silent, when Corbs is done with his bagel he gets up from the chair and he leans on the table, "I'll help you" I say while i also get up, I help him to his room and he lays down in the bed, "I feel so weak.." Corbs says and i can see that he hates this feeling, "I want to do so many things! but my body just doesn't allow it" Corbs says while he looks at the ceiling. "i know Corbs" I say while i wipe the hair out of his eyes, "Just know that in a week you feel better and you can probably walk without a stick!" I say and i smile at him. He just looks at me, "Well yeah but the week after that i get my new chemo again and i will feel horrible again" he says and he rolls on his side. I'm looking at his back now, "Just know that it will be okey" I say and Corbs just shrugs his shoulders. I walk back to the kitchen and i sit down, at the table, I feel horrible for Corbs. I just want that everything will be fine!