Chapter 36

3 weeks have passed, I haven't seen Daniel and his group since the day that Jonah's whole family came to the restaurant.

I haven't had any nightmares but well, i've been sleeping next to Corbs every single night.

I've been working so much these weeks. The first bills came in and i am honestly shocked. I know chemo and stuff is expensive but this?! I am honestly wondering how the hell i'm gonna pay this all. I haven't told Corbs bout the money thing cause the chemo's been hitting him hard. He just got his second chemo and he's already losing some pieces of hair... I feel so bad for him...

He's super weak, he can't even walk alone anymore. If he needs to move i need to pull him up from the bed so he stands up straight. Then he has his walking stick in one hand and his arm around me, this is how he goes around in the house. When i'm not there he usually just stays where he is, but sometimes when he needs to use the restroom really bad he goes there by himself. It takes forever but he makes it.

I've been talking with Jonah and Esther outside work, Esther is so incredibly nice! She's letting her hair grow cause she wants it to be just as long as mine.

I'm driving home from a long work day right now, it's 8pm and i started at 7am. When i pull up to the parking lot i can see the light coming from the windows of our apartment. School's gonna start in 4 days and i am not really looking forward to it, I still need to buy some new clothes cause mine are a bit worn out. My black sweaters have faded a lot, they have a black greyish colour right now. Plus I need new shoes, I've been wearing these black converse and they're dead right now. There are holes in it plus the sole is getting loose.

I open the door which leads to our apartment, Corbs is not in the little kitchen livingroom area. I walk to his room, he's sleeping. He looks so peaceful, I really don't wanna tell him anything bout the money problems. But i don't know if i can deal with it all by myself either..

I walk up to him and i gently shake his shoulder, "Hey Corbs" I say with a soft voice. "Hmm hey" Corbs replies while he rubs his eyes. I help him sit up straight. "How was work?" Corbs asks while he swings his legs out of the bed. "The usual" I reply, I get off the bed and i pull Corbs up. We walk to the kitchen together and i help him on a chair. He goes through his hair with his hand, I walk to the kitchen. "So mac n cheese?" I ask, I don't get a reply. I turn around and i see Corbs looking at his hand. He has a hand full of his blonde hair, "oh Corbs" I say while i put down the macaroni. I immediately walk to him and i pull him into a hug. "I need to shave it off" Corbs says and he lets go of me. I look him in the eye, "You sure? We can still hold it off a bit" I say, "I am sure Ellie" he replies and he lays his hair on the table. I feel so bad for him right now, I wouldn't know what the hell i would do if my hair fell out. "Okey then we'll do it tonight" I say and i walk back to the kitchen. I keep looking at him while i am cooking, he just keeps looking at his hair. He is right tho, he's having some bald spots now so it's better if we just cut it off completely. I have to work a night shift tomorrow so i think i'm gonna buy Corbs a beanie. He used to wear those when he had chemo the last time. I can also buy a few new clothes for myself plus i NEED to buy some new shoes. I can't go to a fancy school with holes in my shoes. When dinner's done i hand it to Corbs, the rest of the dinner i am trying to make Corbs feel better but i'm not really succeeding... I look at the time and i see it's 9pm, I know that Jonah has an evening shift tomorrow. Maybe i can invite him and Jack over! I know that Jack and Corbs have been texting a lot, and jack knows how it is to lose your hair. I immediately text them to ask if they want to come, "Let's do it now elle" Corbs says. I nod, I walk to the kitchen to grab some scissors and the i grab electric razor Corbs used to shave.

When i'm back in the kitchen Corbs is still sitting on the chair, "Are you really sure?" I ask again. "Yes i am" he says, he looks at me and he weakly smiles. I know he hates this but i also know that he knows it's for the best. I start with cutting off some locks of hair, when i'm done with that i turn on the razor and i shave off the rest.