Chapter 79

I make some coffee for Daniel and myself, we just talk a bit bout school, well he talks and i just listen. I know i need to take my distance but it's hard. He's being so sweet and nice to me and respecting my boundaries. But then there's his mom who knows the truth, honestly i get her, I wouldn't want that my son would date a murderer. But she doesn't know the whole story, it was self defense! Plus payback for my mom. Then I hear the backdoor open and i see Jonah enter the kitchen, pfieu it's him. "Hey Jo!" I say and he waves and smiles. He hangs up his coat and then he walks up to us. "Hey Daniel" he says and they smile at each other. Oh yeah they talked, bout me probably. I really wanna know what Jonah told him but he doesn't want to tell me. Like come on dude, just tell me. "So do you want anything to eat?" he asks and Daniel shakes his head no, "I better get going before my mom finds out i didn't come home last night, thanks again Elle. I really appreciate it" he says and i nod, "Your welcome, but don't think it's gonna happen again" I say and he nods. "No no i get that" he says, he grabs his coat and he gets up from his chair. "See you at the game" he says and i just smile. Then he walks away and exits the restaurant. "He stayed the night at yours?" Jonah says while he looks at me with a confused facial expression, "Yeah well, we were at this party and he got super drunk, I knew that if his mom or coach found out he would be kicked out of the team and have some serious problems so i took him to my house" I say and i pull some strings from my nails. "It's stupid i know" I say and i look back up to Jonah who's now smiling at me, "It's not stupid Elle, I think it's really sweet of you" he says and i just sort of smile. "Well he better not think i'll do it again, I went to a lot of trouble" I say and Jonah laughs, "And you're back to yourself again" he says and i just awkwardly laugh too. What do they mean with that? Daniel also said that when i made a rude comment, am i always rude? Cause i don't mean it like that. It's just, i don't know, I'm just straight forward i guess.

The rest of my morning shift goes by very quickly, I slept pretty good for that 1 hour or so, i didn't have my nightmare but that's probably cause i slept too short. I walk to the kitchen and i grab my backpack, "See you tomorrow Jo" I say and he nods and waves when i leave the restaurant. He's not working in the evening which makes sense cause he already worked the morning shift. I'm the only who's being stupid and works whole days. But well i really need the money, the gas of my car is getting super expensive so i'm starting with walking to school from now on. The hospital and work are too far away, but school is a 30 minute walk so that's fine. I get in my car and i drive away, I wonder how Daniel came home, he probably called bud or something. Oh shit. I still have his car keys. I didn't give them back this morning, omg i am so stupid. I should give them back as soon as i see him. Oh gosh no, his mom's gonna be at the game too. That's gonna be a hell.