Chapter 25

Yeah i know it sounds bad right now, but no we did not forget our mom's birthday. We just were busy with Corbs his illness and i was working my ass off with a huge lack of sleep. "We need to go to her grave" Corbs says, I slowly nod, I still haven't took my eyes off my phone. "But i need to work" I say and i look at my hands. We'll go there together, I'll just sit in the restaurant and eat something and you're gonna work. You'll just ask if it's okey to get the afternoon off cause it's our mom's birthday" Corbs says and he gives me a little smile. "Okey we'll do that" I say. I walk to the little bathroom and i quickly wash my hair, I change into my work clothes and i walk to our kitchen. I grab two bananas and i throw them in my little backpack. "Corbs you ready?" I yell, I'm standing at the door. "Yess!" Corbs says while he enters the room while holding a stick. We've hired that one for him so he could walk around the house when i'm not there.

When we arrive at my work I help Corbs to a table and i walk to the coffee machine. I turn it on and i walk to the kitchen where Jonah is already starting with some preparations. "Hey!" I say, "Hi!" Jonah replies, "So is the boss here yet?" I ask. I never talked with the boss before but i need to ask if i can get the afternoon off. "Yes he's in his office, why do you need him?" Jonah asks while he looks up from cutting vegetables, he makes eye contact with me. "I need to ask if i can get the afternoon off cause of my mom's birthday" I say, I'm not gonna tell him that it's about my DEAD mom's birthday. "Ah okey" Jonah says, he doesn't break the eye contact, he just keeps looking at me. I eventually break the eye contact and i enter the little office. I knock on the door, "Come in" I hear a male voice say. I open the door and i sit down at a chair across the boss. "What can i do for you Elle?" he says, wow that man knows my name even though i've never met him? That's scary. "Well it's my mom's birthday today, so uh i was wondering if i maybe could get the afternoon off so i could visit her?" I ask and I look up to him. "Yes of course, wish your mom a happy birthday for me" he says, I force myself to put a smile on my face "I will" is the only thing i can say without bursting out in tears. I quickly get up from the chair and i walk to the bathroom very fast, when i arrive there i sit down at the toilet. I cover my face with my hands, mom i miss you so much.