Chapter 51

When the school day is finally over i head over to my locker to grab my notebooks i've put in there during the break. When i reach my locker i see that mine isn't that far away from Samantha's. Great. I quickly grab my stuff and i walk to the parking lot, when i'm almost by my car i see Samantha standing there. I roll my eyes and just keep on walking, I ignore her and act like she's not there and she doesn't seem to like that. I open a door and i throw my backpack inside, Samantha is standing in front of my door so i can't get in. I look her in the eye, "What?" I ask and she laughs. "Just wanted to tell you that your life is going to be horrible" she says, I laugh and shake my head, "Wow you are so original, I think i recall you saying that to me a few days ago" I say and i push her aside. "HM!" I hear her say with her high ass voice, she grabs my hair and pulls it to her, I immediately grab her wrist and i hold it very tightly, "Let go of my hair" I say while i my grip on her wrist tightens. "Au!" she yells and she let's go of my hair, "Could you please stop pulling my hair? I know you like the feeling of real and healthy hair instead of your own dead and ugly extensions" I say and i get in my car. "You are paying for this Elle!!" she yells and i just drive away.

When i arrive home i quickly run up the stairs, I enter our apartment and i put my backpack on the ground. It's now 3pm and i need to work at 5pm till 11pm, so i got enough time to start with some math and look through all the clubs and teams. "I am home!" I say when i walk to the kitchen to grab an apple, I am super hungry right now. I take a bite of the apple when i hear Corbs slowly walking to me, he looks super pale. I frown and i walk up to him, I put my apple down and i help him to the kitchen table. "Are you okey?" I ask while i grab the thermometer. "Yeah yeah, just tired" he says but i don't believe him. I take his temperature, it's 103.4 °F. That's a really high temperature, "Okey this is not so good Corbs" I say and i show him his temperature. "Oh shit" he says and i am already grabbing the car keys. "Let's go" I say and he nods. He grabs his beanie and he puts it on, I grab my small backpack and i throw my phone and wallet in it, I also quickly stuff my work clothes in there in case i don't have enough time to bring Corbs home and change. I help him down the stairs and i help him in the car, when we both sit i immediately start the car and i drive to the hospital as fast as i can.

When we arrive there i help Corbs in a wheelchair and i roll him to the Cancer wing, we take a seat in the waiting room and we wait till it's our turn. When it's finally our turn i jump out of my chair and i quickly roll Corbs into the doctor's room. He examanimes Corbs and then we're send back in the waiting room. I am really nervous and to kill the time i am just looking at the list with clubs and teams:

Clubs and teams National High School Berken:

Basketball team -> boys/girls

Baseball team -> boys

Cheerleading squad -> boys/girls

Acting club -> boys/girls

Art club -> boys/girls

Math club -> boys/girls

Chemistry club -> boys/girls

Literature club -> boys/girls

There's literally no club or team which i like, i'm just gonna support one. Should i support the baseball team? You know what i am gonna do that, when i was a little kid i used to love watching it and i've seen a game live. When i put the flyer away the doctor calls us back in his office. "Sit down" he says and i roll Corbs next to the chair and i sit down. "Well Corbyn is doing fine, he has a fever but that's nothing to worry about. You do need to keep measuring his temperature in case it gets this high again" he says and we both nod. We talk about his chemo and then we go back. It's now 4.30pm so i don't have any time to bring Corbs back home. "Uh is it okey with you if you stay at my work?" I ask and Corbs nods. "Yeah sure!" he says and i smile, Corbs is always so easy. I drive to work and i park my car, Corbs enters the restaurant through the front while i enter it through the back. "Hi Jonah!" i say while i walk to the little room where i can change. "Hi!" he says and he just exits that room. I quickly change into my work clothes and then i walk to the coffee bar. I see my colleagues leave and i wave, I don't know them that well but they are pretty nice.

The shift goes by pretty quick and i am absolutely exhausted when i'm done with working.

When we arrive back at the apartment i quickly shower and i get in bed, Corbs is already sleeping when i lay down next to him. I am glad he is okey but i am still scared.