Chapter 42

When i arrive back at the apartment it's already 2pm, jonah's gonna pick me up in 3 hours. I put my new clothes away and i put on my new shoes, i throw my old ones in the trash can. I walk to Corbs his room and i knock on the door, I hear the song 'obsessed' playing and i immediately know he's on tiktok. "Getting lost on tiktok huh?" I say while i hide the beanie behind my back, "Hahaha yupp, this dance is so cool!" he says while he shows me his phone, it's the typical 'why u so obsessed with me' dance, I've been secretly practicing it. Yeah i can't dance but it's pretty funny. I'm not gonna post or anything.

I sit down at Corbs his bed, "Well i got you something" I say while i show him the pink beanie i bought, "Omg no you didn't!" he says and he immediately puts it on, "Omg yes! Now i can go out in public without looking bald!" he says and he slowly gets out of bed. "Yep! Do you like the colour?" I ask and i also get out of the bed to help Corbs walk to the mirror in his room, "Yes ofcourse i do! Thankyou Ellie!" he says while he pulls me into a hug, i smile, i have the sweetest twin alive.

When we've eaten lunch i hear a knock on the door, I look at Corbs, "oh yeah i invited Jack over!" he says and i nod. I open the door and i see Jack standing there with his walking stick. "Hey Elle!" he says while he pulls me into a hug, I am kinda stunned and i don't really like that he touches me but i kinda go along with it. "Hi" I say while i'm still kinda stunned, "Eyy man!" Jack says while he walks to the table, Jack and Corbs do a handshake thing and they both sit down at the table.

I look at the time and i see that it's almost 5, I walk to my room and i quickly grab my little backpack and i throw in my phone and wallet. I have no idea what we're gonna do, but i actually don't mind. I have the feeling that Jonah kinda knows me, he won't bring me to a place where i would feel really uncomfortable. I am glad that we're getting good friends, even though i am lying to him 24/7. I'm not gonna tell him the truth tho, I'm not gonna tell anyone the truth. When they know what happened in our last town, if they know what i did. I shake my head by the thought of it. It's a miracle Corbs still loves me. I hear another knock on the door and i walk to it. Jack and Corbs are joking around and watching tiktoks. I open the door and there i see Jonah, "Hey Elle!" he says while he smiles, I smile back at him and i exit our apartment. We walk outside and i see his motorcycle standing there, "so uh hop on" he says while he laughs. I shake my head and i do what he says. He gets on first and i wrap my arms around his upper body so i don't fall off. He start the engine and he slowly starts to drive away. He slowly goes faster and faster, I am loving this! Just driving in silence, feeling the soft and hot breeze against your skin and my hair flies through the air.

After 10 minutes or so we arrived at the beach, we slowly get off the motorcycle and we start walking to the ice cream truck. "And what did you think?" he asks and i smile, "I loved it!" I say.

We just talk and eat ice cream till the sun starts to set, memories come up, my mom. I miss her, I miss her so much, Elle stop thinking bout her! You don't wanna burst out in tears here! I try to think of different things, I think about Corbs, the drive we just made to the beach and my friendship with Jonah and Esther. "This is beautiful" Jonah says, we're sitting down on the sand. "Yeah it is" I say while i look at him, "So uh if you don't want to tell me it's fine, but uhh why are you and Corbyn really living in that crappy apartment?" Jonah asks and he looks right into my eyes. "Oh uh" I say while i look at my hands, I'm not gonna tell him the truth, he never wants to see me again then. "There's a better school here then where we lived so Corbs and i moved out" I say and i look up to Jonah his beautiful green eyes. I can see the sun in them, "oh okeyy, but why in such a shitty neighborhood?" he asks and he doesn't break the eye contact, "Well we don't have that much money so that's why i am working so much" I say and i bite my lip. I hope that he bought it, I really hope he believes me.