Chapter 30

When Corbs is done with changing he walks to me, "Let's sit down in the sand and watch the sunset" I say, Corbs just nods. I wrap his arm around my shoulder so he can kinda lean on me, we walk to the sand. I've already taken off my shoes so i feel the sand between my toes. I've always loved the feeling of sand on my feet. We sit down at the sand and just look at the sun in silence. I think back to the times when everything was still good, when everything was perfect. I realize that i shouldn't have taken those times for granted, cause look where i am now. I used to live in a beautiful house, i had enough clothes and i didn't have to worry bout money. I still had a family back then.... The only one who's left is Corbs. And now it feels like the universe or i don't know who wants to take him away from me too.

I lay my head on Corbs his shoulder and he lays his head on mine, "I miss her" I say while my voice breaks. "I know Ellie, I do too" he says and he wraps his arms around my shoulders and holds me tight. "It should've been me" I say, finally speaking up about what i've been feeling since the day she died. " What Elle no!" Corbs says with an angry undertone, he lets go of me and he turns my head to his. "Why the hell would you think that?!" he says and he raises his eyebrows. "I don't know, it's just" I say while i look at my hands, "I just feel like you and mom were the perfect ones, I look like dad" when i say the word dad i almost spit it out. Dad is a horrible person! He made our lives the way they are now. And i've always been scared to say what i just said, but it is the truth. I've always been more like dad then like mom, I was the kid with the anger issues. I was the kid who didn't have friends if my brother didn't force people to like me. "Don't say that Elle" Corbs says and he pulls me into a hug, "you are the most hard working person i ever met and when you love someone when you care about someone, you will do everything you can to protect that person. You will die for that person, dad wasn't like that. That's all mom" Corbs says and i just listen. I don't know if what he's saying is true, I don't know if he's just trying to make me feel better. I pull back from the hug and i look at the sun, it's beautiful. I lay my head back onto Corbs his shoulder, "I mean what i just said Elle" he says and i just nod, "I know" i say with a soft voice. I feel like if i open my mouth to say one more thing i'm gonna cry like a baby.

We just watch the rest of the sunset in silence, when both of our tears have dried we get up from the sand and we walk to the little ice cream stand. Corbs sits down at a picnic table while i stand in line to get some ice cream, I'm that girl who always takes chocolate. I live for chocolate, Corbs is boring and he always takes vanilla.

When it's my turn i order the ice creams and i pay for them, when i got the ice creams and i'm walking back to the picnic table where Corbs is i hear someone yelling my name.