Chapter 89

When i see the town coming closer my grip on the steer tightens, "We're almost there" I say with clenched teeth. The things that happened here, they're just horrible. Only thinking back to it makes me mad.

When i enter the town i see people walking around like nothing happened here, I drive past them, when i enter the street where my house is i park the car. "We arrived" I say and i look at Daniel, he looks around him, "So uh is this where you used to live?" he asks and i nod, "Yeah i grew up in this house" I say, "So why did you move to that crappy apartment?" Daniel asks, "I'll come to that later, let's just enter the house and i'll tell you exactly what happened here" I say and Daniel nods. We both get out the car and we walk up to the house, I grab the keys from under the doormat and i slowly unlock the door. When i open the door there's a huge pile with mail. I just push it aside with my foot and i let Daniel in, nothing changed, all the blood marks are still there. This is the hallway where my dad stabbed me, but let's go to the beginning.

"So uh yeah we had a bit of a rough family relationship" I say and Daniel is just shocked, "I-is that b-blood?" he asks while he points at a red spot on the floor, "Yep" I say and all the blood draws from his face. "This was stupid nevermind, you're gonna think i am a weirdo" I say and i want to walk back to the car but Daniel grabs my wirst, "It's not stupid, I'm just a bit shocked, but please tell me what happened here" he says and i nod. "Well uhh, it was morning and Corbs and i just woke up and we both went to the livingroom-" I say and i immediately get a flashback.

1 year and 3 months ago

"Come on Corbs let's eat something!" I say while i pull Corbs out of his bed. "Ellieee, i am tired i don't want to get up yet" Corbs says but i don't listen to him. I pull him out of his bed and I pull him with me to the kitchen, "Okey okey I'm coming" Corbs says and i let go off him. He grabs the bowls and the milk and i grab the cereals. We put it all on the table and we start with pouring it in our bowls. Suddenly we hear a lound bang, I look up from my bowl and Corbs and i look each other in the eyes. "What was that?" Corbs asks and i shrug my shoulders, I hear mom and dad yelling at each other and i grab Corbs his hand. "What's going on?" I ask and Corbs shakes his head, "I have no idea, but it's not good" he says and i nod in agreement. We just hear our parents yell at each other while we sit in the kitchen being scared.

Back to now

"When i think back to that moment i should've acted earlier" I say and Daniel shakes his head, "What could you do? Your parents were fighting" he says and i nod, yeah they were but it wasn't just a fight.

"Follow me" I say while i walk to my room, "Later that morning the fighting between my parents got worse so i decided to stop them, stupid thought" I say and I show him my room, there are some blood spots on the ground and the shelve which i used to pull myself up, "Is this your blood?!" Daniel asks shocked. "Yeah but we aren't there yet in the story" I say and Daniel nods.

1 year and 3 months ago

Mom and dad were still screaming so i got up from my bed and i slowly walk to the hallway, I see them standing by the door to the livingroom and i walk up to them. "Guys stop! Can't you guys talk like adults?" I ask and that wasn't smart. My dad looks at me with rage in his eyes, "What did you just say Elle" he says and i take a step closer. "You guys need to stop yelling, you're making me and Corbs feel uncomfortable" I say and that's when my dad did it. He pulled out a knife and he put it in my stomach, I slowly stumbled backwards, causing me to fall on the ground. I try to crawl away but my dad grabs my by shoulders and he pulls me back up, "Adults huh" he says and he takes the knife out of my stomach, I take a breath of relieve but then he stabs me again this time on a different spot, I have trouble breathing. I let myself fall onto the ground, "ELLE!" mom yells and she lets herself fall onto the ground next to me, "Saskia come here!" my dad says with an angry voice and he grabs my mom by her waist and he pulls her away from me, "She's gonna die you can do nothing about it" he says and they walk away. I can hear my mom crying, I slowly try to get up but it's not working, I crawl to Corbs his room and i open the door, "Go now! Or hide!" I say, Corbs gets up from his bed and he runs to me, "Omg Elle what happened?" he asks, "Dad, j-just hide" I say and i crawl back to my room. I am gonna die but i don't want Corbs to die with me, if he's with me he's probably gonna kill himself right after i die. He once told me that he can't live without me and that if i die he's gonna kill himself.