Chapter 20

When it's 12 me and Jonah both go home, "See you tomorrow Elle!" he says. "till tomorrow!" I answer and I look at my car. I am happy that Daniel let it get fixed so now I can go to the hospital without any worries. But I bet he wants something in return. You always see this, guys give you everything you need and then they suddenly want it all back and you end up in a strip club. But that's not gonna happen to me! I'm just gonna push him away the whole time, that's something I'm good at.

I get into my car and I see Jonah driving past me on his motorcycle, it looks pretty cool. I want to drive one of those some time soon! But first I need to earn a lot of money so I can pay Corbs his treatment.

I pull up to the parking lot, I get out of my car and I enter our apartment. I see that Corbs cleaned up the kitchen, I walk to my room and I see him laying there with his laptop. "Hey Corbs" I say while I stand in the doorway, "Hey" he says while he closes his laptop. "Hi" I say and i sit down at his bed. "So tell me what happened this morning? Who send that car?" Corbs asks, I look down at my hands and i start pulling off some strings of my nails. "well the guy who brought me home last night is very rich apparently" I say and I look up at Corbs. "Omg he must've liked you" he says and i do a fake laugh. "Yeah right, nobody likes me Corbs plus i am sure that this is a trap" I say and i get up from the bed and i walk to Corbs his closet. "Ellie you need to stop thinking that nobody likes you" he says with a serious tone in his voice. "Yeah well, why don't i have any friends then?" I say while i look through some clothes. I grab some black sweatpants and a pink hoodie and i throw it at him. "Change into these clean clothes and then we'll leave okey?" I say and Corbs just nods. I exit the room and i enter mine, I sit down in my window and i just look at the street. Thoughts are rushing through my head, why is that Daniel guy acting so nice? I bet he wants something, but what could i give to him? No no imma stick with my first thought, I think that it's just all a trap. I'm just gonna ignore him.

I walk back to our little kitchen and i quickly make two coffees to go, we need to hurry now cause we don't wanna be late. I knock on Corbs his door, "You done?" I say and i throw some apples in my lil back pack, I also put a book in it. Yes a book, not just a book but a book about astrology :) Me and Corbs love astrology! I thought that we could maybe read it while Corbs gets his medicine, that usually takes an hour of 4. I need to work tomorrow night till very late so i plan on having a movie night with Corbs!

"Done!" Corbs yells when he enters the kitchen, you can see that he's really weak. He needs to lean on the table and the chairs to get to me. I pull him up and i lay his arm around my shoulder. That's how we get down, I help him in our old and rusty car.

When we arrive at the hospital I help Corbs in a wheelchair. I roll him to the place where we have our appointment. We need to wait a bit but after a minute or 5 it's our turn.

We're in this huge ass room, we share it with two other people. They also have leukemia and they already started with their chemo's. One of them is already bald.... That's something that most likely will happen to Corbs too, the last time he was bald too.... I hated seeing him that way, if he walked around in town he got recognized as that guy with leukemia. I roll my eyes when i think back to that moment. Back then my problems were so small, back then my life was still okey. But now, it's all broken down into small and little pieces.