Chapter 72

We enter the dining room, everyone is already sitting down, there are two spots left next to each other. Daniel sits down at one and i sit down at the other. The food is already on the table and it smells amazing, "Well let's eat" Daniel's mom says with a smile on her face. I grab my fork and i take a bite of the food, it's amazing! "So Elle what do your parents do for a living?" Daniel's mom asks, i almost choke in my food and i immediately take a sip of water, "You okey?" Daniel says softly so only i can hear it, I just nod as an answer. "My mom is a painter and my dad works in a business, but i don't exactly knows what he's doing" I say while i smile. Daniel's mom smiles back at me, "That sounds lovely" she says while she doesn't really pay attention to me. I just nod and i take a bite of my food.

"So Elle in what club are you?" Daniel's mom asks me and i look up from my plate, "Oh uh I'm a supporter, I'm not really good at anything" I say and i laugh. "If you're a supporter you're going to Daniel's game this weekend right?" she asks and i look surprised. "Oh is the first one this weekend?" I ask and she nods. "Oh yeah it is, we always go, right Dani boy?" she says and Daniel's cheeks heat up. "So how are you doing in school?" she asks just when i take a bite of my food. I quickly chew it, "Uh okey i guess" I say, school just started but i already know that i'm not gonna do great. I've never been good at school... Corbs is the smart one.

The rest of the dinner Anna and Daniel's mom are talking, I just eat in silence and I catch Daniel looking at me a few times.

When everyone is done eating i help putting the plates in the kitchen, I'm in there with just Daniel's mom, "So Elle" she says with a sharp town, I put a plate in the dishwasher and look up to her. "Yeah?" I say. "You are a bad influence on my son. I know where you live and that isn't exactly the place where i want my son to end up when he grows up. So stay away from him, finish this project and then you're gonna leave him alone" she says while she walks up to me.

Who the hell does she think she is? "Or what?" I say while i take a step closer to her. "I know your past, i don't want any criminals in my house" she says and i am shocked. How the hell does she know my past?! Nobody knows it! "I won't tell him if you promise me that you'll stay away from him. And if you tell him about this conversation i will also tell him" she says and i nod, "I promise" I say and she smiles "Good, I'm glad we understand each other".

We both enter the living room again and Daniel's mom sits down at the couch next to her daughter Anna. I awkwardly sit down next to Daniel and his mom gives me a look, "Uh i think i'm going home now" I say and Daniel immediately gets up from the couch. "I'll grab your stuff from upstairs" he says while he exits the living room and he runs up the stairs. "Uh goodbye, thanks for the delicious food" I say, Daniel's mom just fakes a smile. I awkwardly walk to the hallway, I wait for Daniel there. How did his mom find out where i live? How did she found out about my past? It's not on the internet so how?! I always see in films that they hire detectives but that's weird, she wouldn't do that right? I suddenly feel a light tap on my shoulder which makes me snap back into reality.

"Are you okey?" Daniel asks when he looks at me with a worried facial expression on his face. "What oh yeah, no i'm fine" I say and he nods, "Okey" he says and he opens the front door. We both walk to my car, "See you tomorrow" he says with a smile, "Yep" I say and i get in my car. Daniel waves when i leave and i don't wave back. It's not that i don't want to wave back, but i need to take my distance from him.