Update

A/N : so I noticed a couple chapters to this for some reason are in the wrong order and I can't get it to fix contract signing gone wrong and aftermath should be before the chapter payback don't know why it isn't like that. Anyway enjoy.

"Joe Anaoi'?" We looked up Josh raising his hand, the doctor walking up to us.

"How is he?" I asked, Jon's hand on my shoulder and Trin holding my hand.

"His surgery went very well, given his background I say he will recover just fine and probably quicker than most."

"Can we see him?"

"Yes, as soon as he gets settled a nurse can take you back."

"Thank you." The doctor smiled walking off. a few minutes later a nurse walked up.

"Family of Anaoi?" I walked up and she scoffed at me.

"Immediate family only sweetie." My eyes narrowed at her attitude and blatant disrespect. I went to speak but before I could Trin grabbed my hand stopping me as I felt something on my finger. Looking down I saw she placed her engagement ring on my finger.

"She's his wife." Jon said causing me to look at him. The nurse rolled her eyes before speaking.

"This way, two visitors at a time."

"Thank you." I mouthed at Trin and Jon who were smirking.

"Oh and while you're at it we need to talk to your boss." Trin said making the girl stop.

"Visit with uce, we'll get you something to eat, we'll be there soon." I nodded before following the nurse to Joe's room. I pulled a chair to his bed holding his hand.

"Hey beautiful." I looked up at Joe's gruff voice, the meds and him being still out of it his voice sounded the same as when he first woke up.

"Joe." I said smiling and standing kissing his head. He grabbed my hand looking at it.

"Either we got married while I was out or another guy made a fast move, how long have I been out.?"

"Your surgery was a few hours and it' Trin's engagement ring."

"Why do you-"

"The bitch you have for a nurse didn't want to let me back here and had a attitude so Jon said I was your wife." I said chuckling. "they will be in soon and they said they would get your mom and Ness from the airport, they are on their way"

"Thank you babygirl."

"Anytime handsome." I groaned hearing my godfather's ringtone. I ignored it and immediately received a text from him.

"You got two days. Raw Monday or it's your ass, fine and suspension."

"That son of a bitch." I had said it in native leaving Joe semi confused.

"What?"

"Paul, he just left me messages saying if I'm not at Raw Monday I'm getting fined and suspended. He can kiss my ass."

"Babe, go." Joe said making my ranting stop as I looked at him.

"What! Hell no, you just had a major surgery you need-"

"I love you Jayla, I'll be fine my mom and them can help me, stay on the road."

"Joe."

"Jayla." He said looking at me. "I know you want to stay but it's ok, go. You know that's one of the things that made me fall in love with you."

"What?"

"You're heart, you always care and worry so much about other people, you always forget about you and that was something that made me fall fr you."

JOE POV

I watched her tan skin slightly flush as she smiled at me. She was seriously ready to sat screw her job, her dreams; all for me. I knew I wasn't going to see her for awhile, with the holidays approaching our schedules were pretty packed. I was about to much to her displeasure record something a message for the WWE. They wanted a small update from me and Jayla had not very nicely said they could fuck off. I after a few minutes between Steph and myself got her to chill and compromise. Jayla was going to record it on her phone and update from the surgeon as well as a few words from me.

JAYLA POV

It pissed me off he agreed to do this, was worse the company wanted it, sometimes here lately I regretting signing that contract, there was so much bullshit but at the same time I had amazing friends and I had met Joe and damn did he not make the world a brighter place. He was going to out be out for awhile and it was going to suck. I was so used to spending so much time with him that now not having him around was going to be weird.

 I was so used to spending so much time with him that now not having him around was going to be weird

"Yesterday I was here in Nashville promoting Night of Champions and my match against Seth Rollins. I was lying in bed and all of a sudden I felt a really sharp pain right below my belly button and it kept getting worse. Jayla ended up calling 911. Once we got here the doctor said I had a hernia and I needed to go into emergency surgery and here I am now." I ended the video sending it to Paul with the message 'Here's your stupid fucking video-'

"You sent something mean." I looked up at Joe

"What makes you say that?"

"Because you're pissed, you have been pissed, did you tell him to fuck off again."

"No, I told him there is his stupid fucking video thank you very much." I retorted as Joe and I chuckled.

Monday came before I liked it to and I very begrudgingly left Joe in the care of his mother and sister. He was going to get released sometime today and at the end of the week was flying back home to Florida.

"Thank you for giving me a ride Ness." I said looking at his sister as I got my luggage. She had volunteered to drop me off at the airport. It wasn't how I wanted to spend more time with his family but I really did love them and I was blessed they had welcomed me with such open arms. I still remember meeting them when Joe had taken me for a family dinner, I had been so nervous but as we arrived Rikishi was leaving and hugged me telling me it was about time and then when we walked in Matt scooped me up my nerves faded. I was pretty close with him because from being close to Amy and the Hardy's and their friends Matt at the time was working with Shane so we became close. I think seeing it threw Joe off a little bit because he didn't expect it.

"No problem, thank you for taking such good care of my little brother, I'm glad he has you." She said hugging me. "Be safe and call when you get there."

"I will.