Working Together

A/N I posted 3 chapters this morning because I realized especially 1 was very short so I figured that would make up for it❤️❤️

About two weeks later WWE faked an injury for me and I left. Aside from Colby, Trin, Jon and my family everyone thought I had really been injured. Joe had burst into the training room after the match asking if I was ok. I could never lie to him so I told him it was a secret but it was story and I was fine. After I left and filmed the movie Dwayne had got me to audition for. It wouldn't come out til summer 2017 but he was right if there was one I would ever do it was this, and yet because of it I was having to do more. I was scared but had a lot of fun and was excited and nervous for everyone to find out. By either Hell in a Cell or Rumble the trailer would be out. Speaking of cell I was having a match because my return I came back and beat Charlotte in Boston which pissed her off. So next week was going to be very difficult. We were in a match against one another, but there was a twist is was a mixed tag; her partner Rusev and mine was Joe. I was scared because other than my birthday and injury we didn't talk or interact. We just kind of stayed away from one another which is way easier sounding than reality.

It was now or never I was about to do my preshoot with Joe. I had gotten to the arena about an hour ago and went to hair and makeup. I had just put on my pants that were neon pink and blue and black and a matching top. Walking to where we were taping I saw Joe looking over his script and sitting waiting. I stopped and watched him for a minute. He was fucking beautiful, his broad shoulders and muscles, his gorgeous eyes, his lips. I stood there taking in every little detail of him. I shook myself out of it and walked up to him as he looked up.

"Hey Jay." He said softly. It was like he was afraid if he spoke to loud I'd disappear.

"Hey Joe." I said as he stood up.

"How you doing?" He asked

"Um, good I guess, what about you." I felt like I was lying because ever since we split up I was so far from ok that it wasn't funny.

"Could be better but I'm blessed so I can't complain."

"True." I said chuckling.

"So how'd things go ms movie star."

"Actually it went great. I'm extremely nervous and excited for people to see it."

"What was it for?"

"Now that handsome is a secret you just got to wait for. But I do think they are going to play the first trailer at Cell."

"I can't wait to see it, I already know you kicked ass."

"Thank you." I said blushing. I noticed how close we were and how we were leaning into one another. It was like we were magnets and were just meant to be together.

"Hey guys you ready?" I looked up at Paul who was smiling at us. We moved apart and nodded.

PROMO

"What's up champ?" Roman asked as he walked up to me. I saw him look not only at my title but kind of check me out as he smiled.

"Hey."

"So you making history again huh? You ready?" He asked

"I was born ready. I can't let you boys have all the fun now can I."

"Fun, baby Hell in a Cell is anything but fun, it is brutal. But let's not worry about that, let's worry about tonight."

"Listen Roman, I know what I am getting myself into. I can handle Charlotte, tonight you just worry about handling Rusev." I said with an attitude

"I got it."

"Believe that." I said smirking as I turned and walked off. I heard him laugh and then they cut the scene.

"That was great." Paul said as I turned around and walked up to him and Joe.

"Thank you." We both said. Paul told us good luck and Joe and I went our separate ways.

A little before the show Charlotte and I walked together to the guys locker room so we could meet up and talk to Joe and Rusev about the match. I kept zoning out while we were talking. It was hard to focus being so close to Joe who kept staring at me. Finally I couldn't take it and stood up causing everyone to stop speaking.

"I, um I gotta go." I said jogging out. I turned the corner and hid behind some equipment because I heard Joe calling my name. He stopped right where I was hiding looking confused.

"Jayla, Jay." He called out.

"Joe, let her go." Rusev said as he walked up to him.

"I, I hate this. I hate that as close as we were we can't be in the same room together. I hate how awkward and uncomfortable I make the person I love most feel. I hate that my fuck up has made her feel like this. I just, I want my friend back man."