Overprotective

Joe took our things putting them in John's truck before my mom drove away from dad's and to the rez. As she parked and we got out Joe helping me I saw the door bust open and jumped at the sound seeing the angry eyes of Alex.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Alex screamed at Joe. I was thankful Sam and I were both there, me stepping in front of Joe and Sam reaching Alex in time to stop his swing so I didn't get hit. "Get the hell off me Sam!"

"It was an accident and you know it." He said sternly

"I don't give a fuck he hurt her, he hurt my sister and I told this son of a bitch if he ever hurt her I was beating his ass."

"Alex!" I yelled making him drop the glare he was giving Joe. "Leave it."

"And she's about to cry." He said glaring at Joe "I swear on the damn creator I ought-"

"Alex shut up! He didn't mean to hurt me and I'm not crying about Joe." I said hugging him. "I was pregnant Alex, I was pregnant." I said softly as he hugged me tightly

JOE POV

The hard look on his face softened and he looked sad and I knew even though I had not understood what she said that she had told him what happened. He held her tightly looking at me.

"I'm sorry man."

"Thanks." I replied nodding to him. He walked Jayla into the house and sat down her curling against him as they talked quietly.

"Mom, I'm going to go check on Emily and Eddie." Sam said kissing her head. He walked up kissing Jayla on the head and hugging her. As he stopped by me on his way out he touched my shoulder. "Sorry about what you're going through, it'll be ok."

"Thank Sam." I said as he nodded before walking out. I sat next to Jayla as she moved leaning on me. I didn't realize I had dozed until I heard the door open and voices. I lifted my head seeing her grandfather and John "Hi John, hello Mr. Hanovi."

"You are family young man call me eduda, Mr is so old and formal." I chuckled nodding at him. "You got it eduda." Looking around I saw Jayla no where and looked at Alex. "Where is she?"

"Went on a walk, I told her to take it easy and she told me to leave her alone, she is probably by the lake

"Lake?" I questioned.

"Yeah there is a lake a few miles from here, funny thing is we found out part of it connects to Shawn's she likes sitting there it's her special place to go when stuff bothers her." John replied looking at me.

"She went miles" I said kind of upset.

"Told ya he'd be pissed too."

"Alex take the truck and help him get her. Tell her Eduda is here." Alex took the keys nodding his head to the door. I went to follow when her grandfather stopped me with a hand on my chest.

"You are hurting, your soul is uneased."

"Vv (yes)" He nodded at me "Get my granddaughter." He turned away saying something to John that I did not understand. Walking out Alex was on the porch waiting for me and getting in the car I could tell he was still tensed around me. "Say whatever you need to say before we find her, she doesn't need more stress."

"I don't wanna say anything I wanna beat your ass."

"Then pull over and do it Alex." I said gruffly. Her brother slammed the breaks looking at me.