Dirty 30

A FEW WEEKS LATER

It was the Raw before my birthday. Today was August first and my birthday was the 5th. I would officially be 30 freaking years old. I had an easy night, just watching the show because I did not have a match. I was slowly adjusting to not having my friends on the road. It was hard especially running into Joe as I somehow kept doing, but they still talked with me and bless Colby he tried his best to be there for me. I went to the audition Dwayne had asked me to go too and in a month was leaving for 6 weeks to handle it. I'd be back to defend my title and was told that come Hell in a Cell they would have a first, a women's match and they wanted me to be a part of it.

I woke up hearing banging on the door. The kids weren't going to be around until this evening as my dad said the flight was messed up but they would be in for dinner. I opened the door as Trin, Jon, Josh, Kecia and Mina stood there. Jon holding some balloons.

"Happy Birthday!" They all said as I smiled as Trin hugged me.

"Thank you, what are you guys doing here?"

"Taking you for a birthday surprise. Go get your ass in the shower and get dressed." Jon said as they walked in.

After getting dressed Jon walked me to the car but blindfolded me as we got in.

"What are you-"

"It's a surprise okay."

I felt the car stop a short while later and felt someone touch my arm. I wished it was Joe but I knew it wasn't. I gasped as Jon took off the blindfold and I saw the sign for a big cat sanctuary. I turned looking at Trin and Jon who smiled.

"Are you serious!?"

"Yes."

We walked in and were quickly after signing some work escorted on a tour before going into a room. In a few minutes some baby tigers were brought in and I freaked out in excitement. Trin took a lot of pictures of everyone and me playing with them. I giggled when I held one and it licked my face.

After a long but fun day I was back at the hotel with the girls getting glammed up for dinner. I had such a fun day and it seemed surreal. I got to swim with dolphins and play with tigers. It was something I had always wanted to do and I got to. 

I was having an amazing time with my family and yet still felt sad. It was my 30th birthday, last year I was with Joe on his and mine I was alone. Last year I had planned a surprise party for him and I still remember the fun we had, I also remember saying dirty 30 to him and the fun we had with that too. As amazing as today felt I know it would have all been even better if he had been by my side. It was odd that even his family had shown up for my birthday dinner but I adored them and the fact they didn't have ill feelings towards me and wanted to celebrate was amazing.

"Guys, thank you again for today, it was amazing."

"You are welcome momma, but we can't take credit for any of this." Jon said looking at me. I saw Trin glance at him and he kissed her head.

"What do you mean?" I asked taking the last bite of my dessert.

"This was all actually my Uce's idea, this was all Joe."

"What?" I asked shocked.

"He had it planned for a while and then with everything that happened he asked Trin and I a couple weeks ago if we would take you. He knew you would love it and did not want you to miss out, he wanted your birthday to be special and before you ask he decided it be best if he wasn't around because he did not want it to be awkward for you he wanted you to have a great time."

"He could have come, it would have been fine."

"Jayla, you know you would not have been at ease if he was here." Trin said as I reluctantly agreed. I smiled though that even through all the bad he had been this thoughtful. After dinner I got the kids to bed and got myself in bed. I texted Joe thanking him for such an amazing birthday.

Glad you had a good day. Happy Birthday beautiful I will always love you.

I smiled before texting  him back. I love you too