Advice of a Godfather

HALL OF FAME

For the second year in a row I was attending this with someone other than Joe. I was hoping I wouldn't be sat next to him but doubt I'd get that lucky but I could always hope. Only this year I don't see a surprise proposal bringing us back together, sometimes I still couldn't believe that had happened.

"You ready sweetheart?" I turned from the mirror looking at my dad. He was in a suit, cowboy hat and all looking handsome.

"Clean up pretty well dad."

"I know, being handsome aint hard."

"Oh lord." I said laughing as I slipped on my shoes.

" I said laughing as I slipped on my shoes

"You look beautiful baby. You going to be ok?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, and I made sure Steph didn't have you next to him, we are next to Kev."

"Thanks dad, you didn't have to do that."

"I know baby, but I know it would be a little easier for you." I saw my dad look in my handbag.

"Dad, really?"

"Yes, really ,trying to make sure there aren't any little friends in there."

"There isn't, although I am having one on the way home."

"Yeah, one."

With Becca watching the kids, I kissed them goodbye and made my way to the event with dad. I saw Joe while we were on the carpet his dark suit making him look handsome, then again he always did.

He said hello to my dad, them hugging

He said hello to my dad, them hugging. Pulling away he looked at me.

"Hello Jayla, how are you?'

"Ok, you?"

"Ok, you look beautiful."

"Thank you." He nodded smiling before he went to walk away. It was like my body had a mind of its own as I reached out grabbing him. As he turned I let go, realization of what I did smacking me in the face. "Um, how is Jojo?"

"She's good, how are LaLa and Apollo?"

"Honestly, they miss you."

"I miss them too, have you told them?"

"No, since we first split they just think we are busy with work."

"So does Jo but I think she knows I'm full of shit, she really had fun coming to visit you guys, thank you for that."

"Anytime, I love that kid, speaking of thank you for calling my family to talk to them, I know it means the world to them."

"I'll always be there for them, always. I'll let you get back to your dad, have a good night gorgeous."

"Thank you handsome." I can't believe that just happened, I really wanted that drink now. Getting to my dad he was talking with Kevin who hugged me.

"Looks like that went ok?'

"I can't believe I just did that."

We sat down and during the show I felt so bad for Joe, they had shown him and the fans boo'd so bad,

He really didn't deserve it. I saw a bit later he got up and left early. After two drinks Kev cut me off shaking his head.

"You know that won't make it better right?"

"I know."

"If you're this miserable why not reconcile?"

"It isn't that easy."

"Why? because from where I'm standing you are both miserable as shit without one another and you are drinking liquor like it's water, hell its been what 10 months Jayla. I know you are hurt he didn't tell you and kept that from you and yeah he was wrong to do it to begin with but baby he made a mistake, a genuine mistake every human does, he's regretted it since. stop punishing both of you, you deserve to be happy and he makes you happy he always has and while I'm being honest I can assure you a love like that will not come again, he's it. Besides you never held it against your dad like that and baby you have your forever right in front of you, get it back before its too late. Because right now your the one in the wrong." He said kissing my head and walking off.

Thinking over what he said I sighed, as much as I didn't want to admit it he was right and I was miserable. Leaning against my dad in the limo I was quiet until he spoke.

"What's wrong."

"Just thinking."

"Wanna elaborate."

"Thinking about what I said." I looked up looking at Kevin and nodded as he smiled. I know dad was more than aware of what was said.

"Ok what is going on?" Dad asked.

"I told her the truth." Kevin said. My dad nodded

""He's right, you're both miserable, have been for awhile, that boy loves you honey."

"I know."

"Then baby stop holding one mistake against him, your making a choice you are going to regret."