Family

I didn't realize we dozed back off until I heard soft knocks on the door. As I woke up I looked around smiling at my wife resting against me. "Yeah." The door softly opened and John and Apollo walked in John trying to stand in front of our son so he didn't see her.

"Just wanted-"

"Uncle Ant is here." Apollo said interrupting John.

"Thank you but big man you need to apologize, your Eduda was speaking and you interrupted him."

"I'm sorry." John smiled at him rubbing his head.

"It's ok, thank you for the apology, but yea came to check on you guys and tell you that."

"Got her to rest more, woke up she was on the balcony, I'll be down in a second." John nodded walking back out. I slipped out from behind her and covered her up before I tossed on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walked downstairs and Anthony was sitting on the couch playing with Matthew. As I walked in he looked up at me.

"Hey man." He said setting Matt back down in the floor and standing.

"Not much you ok?" I asked as I man hugged him and we sat back down.

"Yeah, for the most part, how are you and Jayla?"

"I'm kinda frustrated and her I can't really tell, she keeps so much to herself but she feels bad, mostly for you and feels like she fcking did something wrong to make him like that."

"It's not her fault, he was raised better than he acts and why is she sorry for me when she's been through hell. If anythingI feel sorry for her."

"Because you disowned him and she knows as his brother you got love for him."

"He's my little brother. I am supposed to protect him, keep him straight and no matter what I have done he went the wrong road and at this point I can't keep trying, I can't keep dealing with one of our parents being oblivious to everything because he's the baby and she had to have done something to make him act like this but reality is he's a piece of shit I don't see how anyone can say hitting a woman or a kid, raping someone is ok. She has done nothing but be amazing to everyone she knows all the time and it's bullshit."

"I know man, and I'm sorry you are having issues with the family."

"Thank you man." He said looking at Matthew and Roman who were trying to stand up well they were but kept falling down "You guys really have some beautiful kids"

"Thank you."

JAYLA POV

I woke up and Joe was not around me. I got up and went to our bathroom. I looked in the mirror and cringed. I had a small bruise near my hairline from whatever Dre had hit me with, finger marks around my throat from him choking me and a small cut on my cheek and lip. I wiped my eyes before I grabbed sweatpants and a hoodie. My neck you could still slightly see a bruise but everything was mostly covered. Walking down the stairs Anthony and Joe were on the couch talking. My edoda was reading the paper in the chair, my mom was working with the kids in the kitchen and my brothers I didn't see my brother's anywhere. As I walked in Joe and Anthony both looked at me. I sat next to Joe leaning into him. He kissed my head and put his arm around me while he started talking to Anthony again.

"Jayla I'm sorry about what he did, again." Anthony spoke softly touching my knee.

"What have I told you, it isn't your job to apologize for him. I have known you since I was a kid, you have always tried to keep him out of trouble, what he does is not your fault." He smiled softly at me. "Joe we have to figure something out for the kids, they don't need to be here with  all this going on."

"Want me to call G?" He asked rubbing my back.

"Yeah tell her I am sorry and I'll see if dad and Becca can come help out too." As Joe walked off I sighed.

"What's going on in your head?" Anthony asked. "Whatever it is you are wrong, it's not your fault, no one is mad at you and you are not a bad mom." I smiled softly at him and then busted out crying. Anthony stood pulling me into his arms hugging me tightly as I cried. One of his hands cradling my head.

 One of his hands cradling my head

JOE POV

"Thanks G, I owe you."

"No you don't, take care of my friend."

"You're friend huh, my wife."

"I know but I'm taking her, can I talk to her, I wanna check on her."

"Yeah.' I walked out of the office and stopped as I saw her sobbing in Anthony's arms. "G, let me call you back." I hung up and rushed over as Anthony looked up, tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Anthony mouthed "Jayla, it's going to be ok, I'm here." He rubbed her back hugging her as she calmed down. Pulling back he kissed her forehead. "You ok?"

"No, I don't want to deal with this shit."

JAYLA POV

"G wanted to talk to you."

"I'll go call her." I kissed him softly before looking at Anthony. "Thank you." He lightly smiled before I walked off.

"Joe, what happened are the kids-"

"Lina, it's me."

"Are you ok?"

"I- I don't know." I said sitting on the bed. "I mean I got bruises physically other than that I am fine, it's more of the mental thing. I feel bad, like a burden, Joe shouldn't deal with this, he has enough going on, I feel like a bad mom. I don't want to keep reliving this."  I said trying to not cry again.

"Listen to me, since knowing you Jayla you have been nothing but sweet and amazing. When Joe first told me about you I was nervous but you blew all that away the minute I met you even before you guys started to date. You are not a burden even though his cancer came back it doesn't mean anything, you could be a damn serial killer and that man would follow you to the end of the earth. As far as being a bad mom honey you could never even if you tried I couldn't ask for Joe to marry a better person, you treat my daughter as your own and always have even when you guys broke up you were still there for our daughter all the time.I am so sorry you have to keep reliving the pain of what that lowlife did to you."

"Thank you."

"No worries, you take care of you and I'll come out with either one of your parents or Joe's and get the kids. Drink some tea and have some ice cream it should help soothe your throat. If you ever need to talk to someone you know that's not Joe I'm here."

"Thank you."

"I love you Jayla." I sniffled wiping my eyes.

"I love you too Lina." I hung up laying back in bed. I just wasn't really up for anything right now.