Relax

The next morning we woke up and rode over to G's moms. I said hi to her mom and sisters before hugging G.

"Thank you for watching the kids, and thank you for letting us take Jojo to Texas."

"Joe, she's your alls daughter too, you don't get home enough. Granted this is never how I wanted you home more but it's not like she's skipping out, she's still doing her work."

"Still, I appreciate it."

"No problem. Jayla get him on the road before he waste more time." Jayla chuckled hugging G. I was blessed to have an amazing relationship with my ex and that her and my wife got along so well and always had. There was never any drama and it was nice.

"Yeah, yeah, let's keep making fun of me." They laughed looking at each other.

"Girl's day when we get back home?" Jayla asked looking at Galina.

"Oh, definitely. I say we are both in good need of one."

"So how far is the drive?" I asked getting in the car.

"14 hours, but with 5 kids and needing to eat and countless bathroom breaks that are sure to happen we are probably gonna need to make a stop when we get tired because it will at least become 18 hours." I nodded at her. She had entered directions on the GPS and had turned in her seat talking to the kids. Jojo, Apollo and Catteleya were working on some small classwork and the twins Roman was already asleep and Matthew was looking around.

THE NEXT DAY

Waking up I was still exhausted. My body was still sore from being in the car for so long, even with stops. I refused to listen to my wife and get a hotel, staying it would be ok. I heard the kids in the house and groaned rolling over and placing the extra pillow over my head. I knew Jayla was tired yet she was up. As tired as I was it wasn't fair so I begrudgingly got out of bed. With the kids up, I wouldn't get to sleep in anyway. Walking downstairs the kids were eating breakfast kind of loudly. They were excited to be here. Jayla and I know her parents had really gotten this place together very nicely. There was a lot of natural light and it was kind of rustic, a lot of homemade pieces including the table in the living room. I knew Jayla and her dads and brothers had literally by hand built a lot of this. Looking out the windows was lots of land and from the kitchen you could see where the horses here were. I knew Jayla was happy she had built on Shawn's property. I was too I knew we had a smaller place on the reservation 40 minutes away but Texas, where we were was so peaceful. It was quiet, relaxing.

"Good morning aulelei." I said kissing Jayla.

"Morning handsome." She was holding Matt and making food. I took Matt from her and he whined before leaning into me.

"Morning dad." Apollo said looking up at me.

"Morning big man, morning girls."

"Morning daddy." I sat placing Matt in his high chair next to Roman. I gave them a bite of eggs as Jayla sat a plate down in front of me.

"Be careful what you give them."

"Babe, they are fine." It was cute how she worried about them.

"I know." she replied as she sat down.

"Do we have any plans today?" I asked eating.

"No, maybe dinner with mom but not really, we can do something tomorrow, you need to rest."

"I'm fine." She leaned over to me whispering in my ear.

"Joe I know you are sore, being in a car that long your body hurts." I sighed looking at her. I kissed her head before standing and walking outside to sit on the back deck porch. It's not that I didn't understand and appreciate her worry but it was getting on my nerves. I was doing cardio but not much else, no in ring stuff not really weight training and I was getting annoyed. I had lost some weight and I didn't want to take my frustration out on her because she didn't deserve it.

JAYLA POV

I watched him walk out and sighed. The kids knew something was up and Catteleya looked at me.

"Momma is everything ok?"

"Yeah baby. If you guys are done go work on your packets."

"Yes ma'am." As they walked out I looked out at the patio at my husband who sat in a chair. I willed the tears away. I knew he didn't mean to snap at me, he was just frustrated and I understood but it still hurt. I kissed the twins heads as I cleaned up the mess they had made from eating.

With their tray that now had toys and not left over remenants of food the twins happily played while I tossed the dishes in the dishwasher. I heard a knock on the door and went to look to the screen as who was outside.

"Momma Uncle Alex and Aunt Leah are here!" The same time I saw my brother on the monitor. I unlocked the door for him and he walked in.

"Hey, my favorite nieces and nephews." He said bending and hugging them.

"I'm telling Liam." Catteleya said giggling.

"No you are not."

"Hey Jayla." Leah said walking in and hugging me.

"Hey, how's everything?"

"Stressed. Weddings are a lot of work."

"Hey I asked if we could elope and you smacked me." Alex said walking in the room.

"I wonder why." I said as he hugged me.

"Yeah and if I hear it again I will do it again."

"Just trying to make it less stressful."

"You're pissing me off Alexander."

"Some advice shut up and agree with her." I said handing him a cup of coffee. He wiseley shut up nodding at me.