Unwanted Visitor

I wish we had longer at home with the kids but at the same time, I was looking forward to leaving and going to Hawaii. Yeah it was work but it was also a vacation for me and Jayla, after everything I think it was needed. I grabbed some chicken that was marinating and decided to grill it for dinner, we also had some grilled vegetables. I mean as an athlete I ate pretty good anyway but I was still a bit annoyed at the things I had to cut out in the meantime because of my medicine. I wanted a steak and lobster and crab legs and a damn beer. I could still have them very few and far in between but it was basically out. I was really as negative as getting home was I was enjoying all the extra time with the kids, being a dad. I had been taking the older three to school, it was nice being home for Apollo's football games and helping him practice, the girls cheerleaded for his team and Jojo was getting into track slowly but surely. But the school she currently went to did not offer that.

I helped Jayla give Matt and Roman a bath, it was funny to see that Matthew didn't really like water a lot and cried or rolled around ready to get out, Roman chilled out relaxing in the warm water. They were pretty opposite. Roman was like me, quiet. Matthew was the one to make more noise. I stood watching them sleep in their cribs until I turned my head feeling Jayla's hand on my back.

"It feels good to be home."

"It does, not how I want you home but it does feel nice."

"They look so peaceful."

"Come on daddy bear." She said pulling my arm and getting me out of the room. "They don't need to wake up"

"Yeah, I want some us time." I said kissing her shoulder.

"Joe-"

"Jayla, I have blood cancer I am not dying and my dick isn't either." The look on her face, I could tell she wanted to be mad but she couldn't stop the laugh. She smacked my arm shaking her head.

"Can you please think with your head as to why-"

"I am thinking with my head trust me."

"I mean the one on your shoulders."

"I'm thinking with both. Yes I am having a flare up with Leukemia but I am ok."

"Sore, tired-"

"No, today has been a good day." She leaned up pressing her lips to mine and I bent lifting her off the ground as I heard her lock the door. I laid her on the bed pulling her shorts and underwear off before taking off mine. I already had my shirt off but I kissed Jayla again not bothering with hers, She had been cautious around me and I was about to show her I was beyond ok.

JAYLA POV

I rolled over watching Joe as he slept. His long hair draped his frame, and I gently pushed a piece out of his face. I was still really worried about him, he was so positive, looking on the bright side. Lately I just couldn't, losing my grandfather, now this I just couldn't handle it, and I still hadn't shown Joe the letter I got. He was going to flip his shit but I didn't want to bother him. He was already going through enough. I kissed his head before laying down and trying to get some rest.

JOE POV

I woke up the next morning before her, I smiled looking at her as I slid out of bed. She curled into my pillow hugging it to her. I think after we went to Hawaii I wanted to spend some time in Texas, I was nervous on how it would affect Jojo, Catteleya and Apollo as far as school. I was going to talk to their teachers and see if there was a way to give them their work and they could do it and turn it in. They had a week for thanksgiving and 2 for christmas but I wanted to stay longer than that. I wanted to be there a few months, and I wanted to go back to Pensacola for a few weeks at least.

Checking the kids rooms, they were all still asleep. I knew Roman and Matt would be up soon. I made some pancakes and eggs and sausage. I put it in the oven to stay warm and heated up the bottles for the boys. I heard the alarm for the doorbell go off since we had a video bell. I looked at the screen and no one was there so I opened the door and did not see anything. I went to go back in when I saw a box sitting on the ground near the bushes. I bent down to pick it up and saw nothing written on it. I took it inside getting a knife and opening it. I cut the tape and as I lifted the flaps saw red. Starring in my face was a picture of my wife but she was naked and had bruises everywhere. I knew it was from when her ex had attacked her and I gripped the counter tightly in anger. He had taken a picture of her. Pulling it out I saw another couple of pictures under it, pictures of the kids at school, Jayla during her match at Evolution, a pic from the crowd and even a picture of the kids at Apollo's ball game. Under it was a typed out note saying 'Watch your back' I knew from the talk I had with Anthony weeks ago who this was from. I put everything back in the box and took it in the office. I called my lawyer.