Sisterly Advice

JOE POV

Glancing at Jayla as my phone went off I saw she had dozed off. I got her some food for dinner and kissed her head walking out. I would ask her if she wanted to come to set a different night. Dwayne said while things were good we would try and do the night fight scene and dance within the next few days and then go back to day scenes. Dwayne had already been filming for a few weeks and I just had to spend the last few weeks. Considering the first month I stayed on the couch trying to hide not feeling good from my kids, watching Jayla do everything I felt kind of guilty, so the fact now I was feeling better was amazing. I could tell my medication was working. It felt like we had such a long night filing but I think it was because I had been going all day so now I was tired.

"You ok uce?"

"Yeah, just tired, spent the day at the beach don't think I rested enough."

"Go rest."

"Gotta work man."

"Joe, I'm serious go rest." Dwaye walked off and the rest of the shoot got pushed to tomorrow. I was annoyed but at the same time I understood he was just trying to look out for me. Getting back to the hotel Jayla was asleep again, wearing a shirt of mine. I took a shower before laying down next to her. Kissing her head as she moved her body curling into mine.

The next morning I woke up hearing Jayla moving around. I groaned cracking my eyes open seeing I had only been asleep 4 hours. Jayla stopped looking at me, a smile gracing her face. The way the sun shined across her I couldn't help but smile looking at her. She was beautiful. As she walked up to me I grabbed her hand and pulled her down as she giggled. I kissed her softly before she pulled back.

"I didn't mean to wake you, I was just trying to find my good camera."

"Good camera? For what?"

"I'm going to go take some pictures."

"By yourself?"

"Nope Sarona is in town, I'm hanging with her and the girls."

"Tell her I said hi." I laid back down as my wife grabbed her bag and walked out. Having family here was always a good thing. I knew Jayla had been wanting a small place here for a few years, Sarona lived here part time maybe I could ask her for help, get a place and surprise Jayla for Christmas, even though it was getting close. I closed my eyes going back to sleep, not just wanting but needing more rest.

JAYLA POV

"Girl, you would make a great model

"Girl, you would make a great model."

"I kind of am in a way though, I'm just a pretty face for Nike."

"A pretty face bringing awareness to your culture, but really though this is some sport illustrated stuff."

"That be cool, be the first ever indegienous woman on the cover."

"Exactly, so how's my cousin?" She asked as we started walking down the beach.

"Good, a lot better than he has been, first month or so he spent most of the time on the couch, he wouldn't say it but he was hurting; now though he seems to be getting a bit better, back to him."

"That's good."

"Yeah, it is I've been worried sick if we're being honest. How are the girls?" I said looking up at them ahead of us.

"Good, hard to believe I have two teenageers."

"Yeah, that does seem kind of crazy, do you ever feel like you want to just give this up and stay home?"

"No, I mean I miss them but I didn't even start in the business til I was in my thirties, they were already older so in a way it was easier. If they were young like yours are I think it would have been harder. You thinking about staying home?"

"I think so, since having the twins it's been on my mind more, even with Catteleya and Apollo it has been hard leaving them at home, I feel like I miss so much, but now I don't know I feel silly."

"You aren't, do you feel like you have accomplished everything you have wanted in this business?"

"Honestly, no, I have accomplished a lot but there are still a few things I would like to do."

"Then I would stay and do them, you don't want to have any regrets later in life about it and then be in a position to where you can't accomplish it."

"Thank you."

"No problem tuafafine laitiiti." (little sister)

A/N: I'm sure everyone knows but just in case Sarona is Tamina and Save (Savelina) as she is generally called in this story is Nia