Nightmare

As I laid down I smiled at him as he looked at me, it was clear he had been staring at my ass. I watched him as he slid up the bed laying next to me and staring at me. His hand resting on my waist, eyes scanning over my face before he looked back into my eyes. I wiped my hand over his face again smiling as he turned his head kissing my palm. "What are you thinking?"

"How much I love you, and about how you acted when I first saw you after that, it makes sense now. I mean even after Paige said it, it almost didn't seem real but today seeing that video, the way you reacted to all of us makes sense."

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, that night I wanted so bad to have you hold me but I was so fucking scared, it's why Trin got me out. It wasn't you, I could tell you felt bad."

"It didn't hurt my feelings I was scared and confused. No one knew where you were no one had heard from you and I couldn't explain how to get to your moms because I had only been there a couple times. Then when I saw you scared of everyone and covered in bruises I knew something was wrong. I'm still trying to figure out how you got Steph to agree to let you compete."

"Begged, said I would sign a paper not holding them responsible for the extra injury but it was a huge moment for Charlotte I couldn't back out."

JOE POV

I rolled over as I pulled her into my arms, her soft lips kissing my tattoo before she laid her head on my chest. After she had fallen asleep I still laid awake staring at our ceiling. I didn't want to get up I wanted to hold her but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get the image of him on top of her out of my head. Seeing her fight him, seeing her lying limp while he did what no man should ever do to a woman. The fact he got so much pleasure and joy out of having his sick fucking way with her beautiful body. I took a deep breath willing myself to keep it together so she could sleep. Seeing her so helpless and vulnerable killed me.

I wasn't sure when I had passed out but when I did I noticed the house was quiet. I sat up before racing through the house seeing her about to head out the door, my loud movement making her jump.

"Baby your up."

"Where are you-"

"I'm heading to-"

"Give me ten minutes. I ran back up our stairs tossing on the first thing I could a dress shirt and some pants. As I raced downstairs I tossed my hair up and met her on the porch.  "You would make a good business woman, you look sexy."

"Thank you Mr. CEO, you could have slept, you looked peaceful."

"I'm not leaving you alone during this." I said kissing her head as I climbed in the driver's seat.

The day was long. They called Maria, Anthony, Shawn, John, Sam and Alex. The defense attorney I hated, he was grasping at straws making well trying to make my wife look stupid, look like she wanted this shit to happen, that she was an evil person keeping a dad away from his kids. Asking Shawn and Maria who they raised, Tried to use Shaw's demons in the past against him. The man even commented trying to call her mother a slut in not those words by how she had Sam with John three years later was married and had Jayla with Shawn but was divorced and pregnant with Alex who was born 10 months after Jayla. It was annoying and frustrating and Dre was loving every minute of anyone else's discomfort.

After a long day we were dismissed again. I could see even though it was the second day how done my wife was with it.

"Tomorrow Joe, I have you as my first witness. I am going to use the statements written by your colleagues Jonathan Good and Colby Lopez first in the morning. We may have to video conference them for the defenses cross examination but the judge and defense has already been made aware they are working. Jayla, chances are by tomorrow afternoon your testimony will begin in case you want to start preparing yourself. The defense attorney will try to make you both look bad, make you emotional. Joe I know you are defensive when it comes to her, you're going to have to keep a very level head tomorrow."

"For her I'll do anything." She smiled softly hugging Jayla before we left. Usually the justice system was shit but she had gotten really lucky with the people involved with her case.

The next morning I wore a suit, my wife wearing a feminine suit, the tank under it was silky but she kept it covered. True to her word she read out Colby and Dean's statements verbatim. They each had to get cross examined and I could see Dean having the harder time keeping his head clear. He was about ready to leap through the screen and strangle the lawyer if he could have.

"The prosecution calls Leati Anoa'i to the stand." I looked at Jayla kissing her hand as I stood.