Goodbyes are Hard

JOE POV

I was amazed watching my wife, I never knew she could sing, let alone that good.

(Btw.. hope u enjoy this song, it's very beautiful and is called Sky World )

I couldn't understand about half of what was being said but it wasn't hard to figure out, a funeral was a funeral and John had filled me in on how traditional funerals worked. I saw a man standing next to Cheveyo

who like Shawn and I stood out since we were the only three non indigenous individuals there

who like Shawn and I stood out since we were the only three non indigenous individuals there.  I had always enjoyed being with her family but this was never the way I'd want more time. Everyone took a turn shoveling dirt in the grave until it was covered.

The next few days were spent in mourning and minimal eating. On Sunday John had a shaman come say a prayer over me and a blessing. I unfortunately had to get back to work and was unable to finish the full seven days of mourning. I reluctantly was having to leave my wife. I hugged Maria.

"Etsi if you need me or anything let me know."

"I will sweetheart, thank you so much for being here for us, my father adored you."

"I loved him too." I said my goodbye to my family, saving my kids and wife for last.

"I need you guys to help your mom ok, and be good."

"We will dad." Standing after hugging them I kissed my wife.

"Gvgeyui"

"Gvgeyui" she responded. I walked out with Shawn as we headed to the airport for Raw.

Getting to the arena I walked to the locker room. I still planned on the next two days eating lightly continuing with mourning tradition even if I was away.

"Hey man." Looking up I nodded to Colby and Dean.

"How's heartbreaker?"

"Not great, she was really close to him, she's basically trying to keep it together for the kids and then when they fall asleep she breaks down."

"We're sorry man, you know we're here if you need us."

"Thanks." I honestly was only here tonight because I had to do the signing for Money in the Bank, I wanted to skip tell them they just needed to say I had a family emergency but my wife told me to go, wouldn't take no for an answer so I had reluctantly come. I planned to immediately go back to Texas tonight, I had already booked a flight for after the show and John was going to pick me up. I tossed on a merch shirt of The Shield and walked out. I thought it was funny I'd get booed like crazy but with The Shield would be cheered.

"I told Braun I'd meet him out here at 8 PM, it's at least 8:05 now and I didn't win this title by standing in the ring and holding it. I'm here to defend it so if that meat sack don't come out here we're just gonna turn this into The Shield workhorse open challenge, and if anybody wants to step up they can come and get it." Braun came out and stalked to the ring, now serious. He had asked if I was ok because everyone could see I wasn't all there today.

"Workhorse huh, could have fooled me when you had you boys come out here and save you when I came calling last week, hell you even had your own wife get involved."

"You just don't get it. The Shield is a brotherhood of workhorses, my wife is a workhorse. No one tells us what to do, not even me. Those three made a choice, they understand the shoes I'm standing in. My brothers have been in those same shoes, and my wife, hell she's the most talented female superstar in this company. They know what it's like to be at the top of the mountain, you have no clue. All you do is run around here and say 'get these hands' and yeah the fact is all you do with those hands is lift things objects, cars, ambulances, stages. These hands, my hands have lifted every WWE Championship there is to offer. That's why I am the guy, that's why I run this yard and if you ever wanna be on my level son you better learn to step up, act like a man, cash that contract and have our Championship match right here in Toronto."

"I aint cashing this in because I know you'd just have your boys come save you again. I'll make you a deal, I won't cash this in until September 16th, you just need to show up to the one place your brothers can't interfere with me taking your Universal Championship because you and I are gonna go to war in a place we've never been before. I'm gonna cash my contract in and I'll see you at Hell in a Cell."

"You're finally starting to sound like a monster." I said sticking my hand out while he shook it. We both looked as Dolph and Drew came out. Dolph talking about how Seth stole the title from him. "Wait, let me get this right. You getting curb stomped in the middle of the ring for a 1-2-3 is considered stealing now?"

"Yeah, yeah Seth Rollins has been playing catch up with me since day one." They both kept running their mouths saying Braun and I were going to be their new challenge, and I couldn't help but laugh. I glanced at Braun. "They sound real tough from the stage, we're standing right here if you wanna come down here and do this now." Braun nodded from next to me. Corbin then came out. I was surprised he actually made the match. Braun looked at me.

"At Hell in a Cell I'm getting that Universal Championship but tonight Dolph and Drew your gonna get these hands!" We had a promo before the match and then I walked out. Dolph and Drew jumped me towards the end making the ref call for the bell as Braun had tagged me but never got in. As I was down he got in, he then grabbed me and head-butted me back to the ground. He then grabbed me again whipping me into the corner. He nodded to Drew who started to attack me before holding me for Dolph to superkick. As I was down Ambrose came down and the three attacked him, then Seth came out as well, already hurt from earlier. He took a harsh bump on his shoulder earlier in his match. I packed my bad heading to the airport catching a flight to Texas, I got to the airport and John was not there but Jayla's Aunt Tanya was.

 I packed my bad heading to the airport catching a flight to Texas, I got to the airport and John was not there but Jayla's Aunt Tanya was

"Hi sweetheart, was your flight ok?"

"Yes ma'am."

"She's gonna be surprised you're back."

"She doing any better?"

"A little bit." I nodded. "How was work, you look sore."

"I am a little."

"I'll give you some salve when we get to Maria's, it will help."

"I'd appreciate that."

A/N: Gvgeyui Means  I love you In Cherokee