Its Out

JAYLA POV

The judge stopped Dre's lawyer from trying to harass my husband further. They were both lucky that Joe had managed to keep his cool. I know him very well and he was a few more pokes from being prodded to going the fuck off. An angry Samoan was the last thing my sack of shit ex and his easily as sleazy lawyer could handle or need. I felt bad they had brought up his suspension

"You can take a seat now son, thank you." Joe nodded at the judge before walking back to me. I held his hand as he sat down. Him bringing my hand to his lips as he brushed a kiss to my hand.

"We are going to take a recess, be back in two hours." I stood walking out with Joe and as we walked out his phone started going off I saw Jon's name flash across the screen.

"Hey uce."

"Uce I wanted to give you and sis the heads up before you start hearing all about it. The dirt sheets found out."

"About-"

"Jayla, her trial, about everything." I saw Joe look at me as shock crossed his face.

"I gotta go." He got off the phone darting to where Patterson was talking to Frost. I followed behind him catching the end of his sentence. "It's out, people know." He stopped as I walked up. I looked at Detective Ross. Everyone glancing at me and I knew.

"It got out didn't it?" I asked looking to my husband. He closed his eyes, defeat written in his body language, I got the answer I was looking for at his reaction. I looked up at Detective Frost. "Can you help me, I need to make a statement but I don't really know what to say."

"Sure." She walked with me as we went to a quiet office to sit down. I looked up as the assistant DA walked in. He put down two sandwiches and drinks.

"Thanks Donnie."

"You're welcome beautiful." He said winking before he walked back out nodding at me.

"Wait, you-" I asked looking towards where he had left.

"Yes, he's my husband."

"But you-"

"Kept my maiden name for work purposes."

"Anyway, what do I do."

"Speak up, even though it will be hard to use the voice you have. Let other women know they aren't alone. I've been researching you, you speak up and do the right thing, bring awareness to your culture. This happens a lot to women."

"I'm not sure what to say."

"The truth." I slid her my phone. "Just let me know when you are ready." I nodded and she gave me a thumbs up that it was recording.

"It's come to my attention that some information has come out recently. I feel it should be coming from me and not some random source who more than likely does not have the whole story. There are details I am not able to discuss but I can confirm I am currently involved in a legal case and I'll also confirm something else. One week before Hell in a Cell in 2016 I went back to my home in Texas after Raw. While there someone I used to date came to my home, that night I was assaulted and." I paused taking a deep breath before continuing. "That night I was also raped. One day I will tell my story but I hope me speaking now gives another woman going through the same thing the courage to speak up, you aren't alone." Frost stopped recording and as she sat my phone down she grabbed my hand. She handed me a tissue and I took it dabbing at my eyes.

"You should try to eat something." She said pushing one of the sandwiches over to me.

"I feel like I'm going to puke."

"Here, try this." She said standing, she got a ginger ale and some crackers.

"Thank you." A little bit later there was a knock on the door. I turned as it opened and I saw Jones walk in with Joe behind him.

"Ready aulelei." I nodded.

"What does that mean?" Donnie asked looking at Joe.

"Gorgeous." Joe responded glancing away from me. "Are you ready for this?" Joe asked softly as we walked.

"I don't have a choice."

"Wasn't my question beautiful. I asked if you were ready." I looked up at him and he sighed kissing my head. He knew without me saying it that I wasn't ready. I didn't know if I could do this, everything that had happened the past few days was already too much for me. Walking in I sat, Joe on one side of me and my dad on the other. They brought Dre back in and I felt my dad squeeze my hand. He was trying to reassure me, that everything would be ok.