Mending Bridges

JAYLA POV

I had to admit Jeff was still pretty handsome.

I hadn't seen or even spoken to him in like 10 years since I ended our friendship

I hadn't seen or even spoken to him in like 10 years since I ended our friendship. We both sat on some crates, his shirt now off. I know without a doubt there would be questions about this, about him and me but I didn't care, for starters it was no one's buisness and secondly it was over 10 years ago; ancient history.

"I owe you a thank you and a apology sweetheart."

"for what?"

"It took a while but thank you for kicking me in the ass, helping me turn it around. It sucked not having my friend but I understand. And I owe you an apology for being a terrible friend by being so fucked up and making you walk away, you were one of my closest friends I know it wasn't easy." I felt tears in my eyes. All I had ever wanted was for him to be happy, healthy and it took a while but he was finally good.

"Thank you, I'm really proud of you, getting clean, getting married, having kids."

"How?"

"Just because I stopped being friends with you doesn't mean I didn't keep tabs on you Skittles."

"So I hear your engaged now, congratulations." I looked over at Joe and tears fell, Jeff's hand coming to wipe my face. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not, not anymore." I said softly

"Why?"

"You heard he got suspended right?"

"Yeah, wait you broke it off because of it?"

"I was so hurt, he'd been popping pills for a few months asked me to marry him while still doing it, I broke it off."

"And you're miserable."

"Something like that?"

"Have you talked to him?"

"Not really about that, a lot of shit has happened between last Mania and now."

"Yeah, you need to talk to him, hell I ain't seen you in 10 years and can tell that man across the room is in love with you and you him, besides he's barley kept his eyes off you. Did you tell him?"

"About us, um no but I am pretty sure Randy is considering the school girl laugh he has going on. That man loves gossip more than a tabloid."

"That's pretty true."

"Besides I don't go throwing around my personal life, let alone one that got me banned from the road and contributed to you being fired."

"It was my refusal to rehab."

'Yeah and for fucking Shawn's underage daughter after a night of drunken partying in Mexico and taking her virginity."

"Do you remember what happened?"