Not Hungry

"Please tell me you are making some native grub, that shit is great." I giggled turning to look at Dean.

"You're crazy."

"You love me."

"Eh you're ok and yes I am."

"Your aunt loves me."

"Don't even go there." I said pointing my knife at him.

"Damn it was a joke, and I'm the lunatic."

"Yup."

"So um I called Stephanie me and Colby still have to go to work but if we gotta testify can come back."

"Just write a statement and sign it you guys shouldn't miss work, you already missed a week to see Joe."

"And you too, and man am I glad we came, maybe a statement from me would be better cause if I see that punk again I am liable to kill him and I don't think my wife would be happy with that."

"Probably not."

"You know my old man used to hit my mom around, I hated his ass, kinda hated her too for never leaving, making her and me deal with that. You were smart, you left, I know inside you're hiding it and you're scared but it'll be ok, you're tough as hell and I'm glad you're my friend. You're the little sister I never had and I promise I won't let anyone hurt you." I smiled at Dean softly. He was kind of quiet, a bit like Joe. That's probably why they got along so damn well. Dean had a soft smile on his face nodding and walking out of the kitchen. I was thankful my parents where here because I did not want the kids to see me like this. I looked at my ringing phone and heard my dad's ringtone. I stopped what I was doing and answered it.

"Hey dad."

"What the hell is going on! Are you ok? I'm on my way."

"I'll be ok, Joe is sending the kids to Florida."

"Becca will help Galina and Patricia, you know that."

"Tell her I love her." I smiled hearing Becca's worried voice in the background.

"I love you too, and I mean I got cuts and bruises but it could have been way worse."

"I'm so sorry honey."

"Not your fault, I mean if you need to you can stay-"

"I'm not staying here, I am coming to you."

"Dad, what about-"

"You are my daughter! I don't give a shit about all the outside bullcrap. I will be there soon."

JOE POV

I noticed Jayla made everyone a plate and then slid away, kissing the kids and going upstairs. I ate a little but before I went upstairs to our room. I saw her sitting quietly, she was meditating but I could see the tears falling down her face. I wanted so bad to make things go away and I couldn't make it go away or be better and that killed me. I sat on the bed and she opened her eyes.

"You didn't eat."

"I did a little but seeing you in such hurt makes me not hungry." I replied, touching her hand.

"I'm sor-"

"Nope, you don't get to say that. Aulelei tell me what's going on in your head."

"I- Joe you got enough to deal-"

"Stop, tell me, please."

"I don't want to have to relive all of this shit again. I don't know if I can take that." I lifted my hand brushing the tears off her face.

"I know, I am so sorry you have to deal with it all over again but I will not leave your side."

"Thank you."

"Will you come eat?"

"I'm not really hungry."

"A few bites?" I asked handing her the rest of my plate. "At least eat half of that." She sighed taking a few bites before handing it back. It wasn't much but something was better than nothing. I pulled her into my arms holding her as she curled into me. I looked up as the door opened and Shawn quietly stepped in. I saw the hurt cross his face as he looked at her.

"How's she doing?" He asked sitting on the bed.

"Not too good, she has barley ate today and she's hurting, she doesn't want to keep going through this and it's killing me I can't take it all away for her."

"I know how you feel."