Beach Date

"I love you too." She responded kissing my chest. I played with her hair, slightly dissatisfied at how quick my hands got through it considering she had chopped it all off.

"I miss your hair." I said looking down at her. She was curled into me and I grabbed her hand.

"You just like pulling it." She facetiously replied.

"I mean yeah but I like playing with it too, running my hands through it. Don't get me wrong it's still beautiful but it's a change."

"Yeah, it's a change for me too, I have never cut it before."

"You haven't?" I asked, genuinely asked surprised.

"No, I mean I got trims and stuff for my ends but never a legit cut."

"I mean that is kind of surprising but kind of not considering how sacred your hair is considered."

"Yeah."

"Is it bad you cut it?"

"No." She responded laughing. "What scene do you film tomorrow?"

"Part of the night scene." She yawned nodding her head. "Go to sleep aulelei." After a few minutes I felt her relax more and her breath even out, indicating she had fallen asleep. I kissed her head. "You will never understand how much you mean to me, I'm so thankful for you beautiful." I said softly even though she couldn't hear me. I tightened my arms around her and closed my eyes.

I didn't remember falling asleep but I woke up the next morning. I got dressed tossing on some shorts and a grey tank top. I had my arm on the door frame leaning on it looking out at the beauty of the island. I heard a noise behind me and turned seeing my wife lower her phone.

"Hey baby." I said walking up and kissing her. "Sleep good?"

"I always sleep good with you."

"Did you take a picture of me?"

"Hell yes, you are gorgeous, it looks good too." She showed me the picture and I smiled looking back up at her.

"Let's go to the beach."

"Let me change."

I watched her grab a couple things from her bag before she got dressed. I bit my lip watching her change. Even after 4 kids, two of which were almost 6 months old, her body was amazing.  I walked up grabbing her by the neck kissing her as she gasped before moaning. I pulled away after a few moments and she looked at me kind of shocked and dazed.

"What the hell was that, I mean I'm not complaining but damn."

"You just look fucking sexy."

"Do we still gotta go to the beach?"

"Yes. Wouldn't want the bikini to go to waste." I said looking down at her winking. She finished getting dressed and tossed on a see through skirt and grabbed her sunglasses. As we walked out I grabbed her hand interlocking our fingers. Making our way to the beach we grabbed some seats and relaxed. It was quiet and peaceful considering it was rented out to be private for the cast and crew. I sat up grabbing my phone from my bag and taking a picture of her as she looked out at the water.

I tossed it back down moving to sit behind her and wrapping my arms securely around her waist

JAYLA POV

I sighed leaning back into Joe as he rested his chin on my shoulder, his arms wrapping around my waist. I loved being in his arms. When he held me it felt like everything was right in the world and I felt safe, like nothing could hurt me. It was amazing how five years, so much had happened but he was the one constant, it was amazing and looking back if someone had said I'd be where I was, here with him I would have laughed.

"What are you thinking about?" Joe asked softly.

"You, us."

"What about us?" He inquired.

"Nothing bad, just how much has changed, what all we've been through, it seems so quick but at the same time a lifetime."    

"That's pretty accurate."   

"So you have a playlist of songs or something?"

"What do you mean?"

"Last night, randomly playing music."

"First off I played one damn song, but yes I kind of do but I don't need music to have sex with you, it's kind of corny. I haven't done that since high school and back then it was so my mom didn't hear me."

"That song wasn't bad, what else in on your little playlist?"

"Not telling you but maybe I'll use it one day, corniness and all. Why, curious what I can do?"

"Oh I have no doubt on what you can do in bed handsome. I learned the first time around how good it was, hell you had me wishing I had slept with you a hell of a lot sooner."

"While we're being honest you had me feeling the same way, you always do." We sat there just relaxing in a chair, me in his arms for I don't know how long. We finally spent a little time in the water and then went back and sat together. After spending a majority of the day at the beach we had lunch and went back to the room. I showered separately from him to keep him behaving because he needed a little rest before his call time later.