Tough

JOE POV

I was sore for sure but  was smirking because of all that it took to keep me down, half the roster had to jump me to keep me down. Walking to the back I was me by the twins and I didn't see my girl anywhere

"Where is-"

"She had to go to the hospital uce, your stuff is in the car because I assumed you wouldn't care about changing."

"Yea." I quickly followed them and made my way to the hospital. I was still in my gear not caring about shit but my girl. "What's wrong?"

"She dislocated her knee and they sent her here to make sure she didn't tear anything, if she didn't she's lucky as hell." Josh said as we walked in.

"Fuck, that's her bad knee too, shes torn her ACL twice and her MCL once on it" Getting to the desk the nurse looked up at me and seemed a little intimidated until I smiled and she blushed.

"Excuse me, I'm here for Jayla Hickenbottom, can you tell me where she is?"

"Yes one moment."  She looked down typing into the computer before looking back up at me "Shes in ER room 13, here's a couple passes for you guys."

"Thank you."

"Just got through the door down there on the left.

"Thank you." Walking in I saw Trin sitting in the chair and a doctor with Jayla who had tears in her eyes. I immediately walked up holding her hand as she looked up at me.

"Joe."

"Hey baby." I said kissing her head. "She ok?" I asked looking at the doctor." Waiting on scans to come but I think she got really lucky, I don't think anything is tore she just needs to take it easy for a couple weeks and do small physical therapy."

"Thank you." She said as he finished with her knee brace.

"No rumble match."

"Bull I'll make it, wear the brace and I'll be ok." I sighed at her stubbornness and sat holding her hand watching as she slowly feel asleep. I texted her parents letting them know what had happened and I would send an update when I had one. A little bit later the doctor came back in.

"Jay, baby wake up." I said slightly nudging her as she opened her eyes before turning them to the doctor.

"Well Ms. Hickenbottom you are extremely lucky, nothing appears to be torn. I recommend some light therapy and I recommend you continue to wear a knee brace when engaging in physical activity but I want you off that knee for a week."

"We have an event next Sunday will I be ok for that?"

"If you stay off it do light therapy and wear the brace I say you should be but be careful, if it dislocates again its more than likely to tear and you have a history of injury with that knee, I'd say if you sustain further injury to it no more, it would end your career."

"Thank you."

"Someone will be with you soon with discharge papers." Looking at her I saw her wipe her face, a clear sign she was trying to hide her tears.

"Babygirl." She looked at me and I wiped her face kissing the back of her hand. "Talk to me."

"My career is in jeopardy Joe, Nat did it, Char tweaked it but Nat was when I felt it pop when she slammed it into the post, you heard him the next-"

"We'll make sure there isn't one, that knee brace you got on is legit, wear it and it will be alright, you know Steph and Vince, your godfather, will not let anything happen to you. Ready to get to the next town." She nodded letting me help her up as I gave her the crutches she was going to use to try and keep weight off it. After getting in the car she leaned one me and was asleep in minutes, Josh taking her legs and put them in his lap.

JAYLA POV

I woke up in a bed, it was daylight and I don't remember getting here, I remember getting in the car with everyone. Looking around I didn't see Joe but I heard water running and knew he was in the shower. I reached over grabbing my phone seeing messages from my family both my mom and dad and spoke to my four parents, assuring them I was ok and giving them a little update, even though Joe had kept them informed which I was appreciative of. Getting to the arena I was informed by Vince I was going to be off shows until the Rumble. I was annoyed but knew it was for the best