a heart broken absense (part two)

You, and your two brothers were in the impala with Dean driving to Jack's destination

"All right. Cas is gonna meet us there.You know, maybe Jack was wrong, you know? I mean, maybe Nick pulled it off, maybe Lucifer's back, and he took them both. And -- And Jack -- I mean he must have thought he was helping, you know, being kind." Sam explained.

"What?" You were confused.

"With Felix." Sam turned back to you, answering.

"Wait. Really? With the snake?" Dean asked, annoyed.

"I'm just saying, guys. I'm trying to understand Jack without a soul." Sam sighed out heavily.

"We don't know that he doesn't have a soul!" Dean yelled and sighed, "Okay, I don't want to -- Let's -- Let's just not talk about it, all right? Let's just find Mom. We'll find Jack. We'll figure it all out." Dean calmed down a little but he was still upset.

"All right, uh oh."

On Sam's tablet, it signals that it was lost.

"Great, signal lost." Sam groaned.

Later that night, you Sam and Dean arrive at that cabin Cas was talking about. Seeing the dark, misty cabin, you glanced at it, sighing.

"Come on." You opened the back of the impala door and closed it.

"You look inside. Me and Y/N will take around back." Dean informed you and Sam. We nodded and followed the directions Dean gave you.

"Jack?" You yelled just name, "Mom?!" You screeched louder, really wanting to find her. You had no idea what was happening but you were destined to get it straightened out.

Going outside back of the cabin, you held your gun up to face level, checking out the place. Suddenly, you glanced down on the floor, revealing ashes. You scoffed uncomfortably, kneeling down at it.

"No, it can't be." Your eyes were teary but suddenly, Dean and Sam came up behind you, calling you.

"Y/N." Dean walked up behind you, realizing what you were looking at. You scoffed again but with more anger, walking back into the cabin.

Walking into the part of the cabin you haven't seen, you saw Nick on the floor, body burned up. You groaned.

"Y/N, if Jack did that --"

"Hey, we don't know what happened, okay? I mean, we don't know what Nick did. He probably deserved it." You shot.

"Y/N, look. No one wanted Nick dead more than I did, but -- I mean, that-" Sam got interrupted by the door opening. Your head shot up, hoping it was Mom. Revealing Cas, you rolled your eyes, still upset at him that he didn't tell you about Jacks actions. You turned away from him, not being able to look at him.

Cas comes in and saw the body, seeing that you and the boys were there too, staring at the body and trying to make sense of everything.

"Is that Nick?" Cass voice echoed through the cabin.

"Yeah. We looked around. No sign of Jack or Mom. There's a, um, blast site behind the house. It looks angelic, just bigger." Sam explained.

"Might have been Lucifer. Nick was trying to bring him back." You answered, glancing back hesitatingly. Cas made eye contact with you and you turned back at the broken walls, quickly.

"Yeah, but Jack said--"

"Who cares what Jack said? We don't know what happened! But I swear, if he did something to her, if she is-" You turned your whole tired, injured body towards Cas, "Then you're dead to me." You shot. Castiel facial expression was crushed after you had spoke those words.

"Y/N." Dean states your name, wanting you to apologize.

"No, he knew. He knew something was wrong with the kid. He knew it, and he didn't tell us! He didn't even tell us!" You yelled.

"I was scared. I believed in Jack for so long, I-I believed that he was-he was good. I-I knew that he would be good for the world. And he was good for us. My faith in him, it-it never wavered, and then I-I saw what he did. It wasn't malice. It wasn't evil. It was like Jack saw a problem, and in his mind, he just solved it with that snake." Cas spoke his heart and you could tell he was teary eyed but him mentioning the snake mace you more angry.

"The snake?!" You screeched.

"What he did wasn't bad. It was the absence of good. And I saw that in him. But we were a family, and I didn't want to lose that, so I thought I could fix it on my own. Felt like it was my responsibility. So I left. And I didn't tell you. If I could go back and just-just talk to him right then and there, I would. But I can't, Y/N. I failed you. And I failed Jack. And I failed-"

"No, no. Don't even say it. Don't even say her name." You glared at him, eyes tearing up.

"Y/N!" Sam grunts. Sams phone immediately rings, having you and Cas eyes not move on each other.

"Who is it?" You glanced over to Sam.

"Rowena. Hey." Sam spoke uneasily.

"Hello, Samuel. I did what you asked. I used scrying magic on the boy, tried to find him. But his energy, it's too unstable. It was like looking at the sun." Rowena spoke on speaker phone.

"And Mom?" Dean questioned, immediately turning Rowena silent.

"Say it!" You shout.

"I don't know what happened or where she is but I can tell you with certainty Mary Winchester is no longer on this Earth."

There was a pause and silence in the room the silence was shattered as you smashed a glass on a wall visibly angry and upset. You felt Sam and Dean flinch on how angry you were.

"So, what do we do?" Sams voice cracked.

"What do we always do when we lose one of our own? We fight." Dean nodded very confidently, "We fight to bring them back."

"How? Billie?" Sam questioned anxiously.

"Rowena. She's got the Book of the Damned. She's resurrected herself more times than we can count." Dean added.

"How? We don't even know where your mother is." Castiel informed all of you.

"Then go to heaven and find her!" You yelled at Cas. "Tell Rowena we're on our way." You glared over at Cas, storming out of the cabin, not being able to say a word to anyone or do anything. You were weak in your stomach and your whole body was aching. It couldn't be, could it? Your mother, your hero. Gone from this earth forever.