best guardian angel

Coming from a hunt with your two brothers, you stumbled into the bunker tired and sore. You walked down the stairs, almost about to faint because of how the hunt went.

"Beer?" Sam questioned you and Dean who plopped himself in a chair.

"Bring the whole six pack." Dean sighed out, placing his feet on the map table. Not saying a word, you nodded to Sam to thank him as he handed you a single beer. Sam sat himself down next to you and immediately opened his beer and sipped it. Sam handed Dean the six pack.

Dean suddenly drank the whole thing in one gulp then reached for another one. You and Sam share a glance and then chuckled.

"What?" Dean noticed, shrugging.

"I'll go order pizza." Sam stood up and headed into the kitchen.

"No pineapple!" Dean yelped.

"Yeah, yeah." Sam answered back in a annoyed tone.

"Crap." You mumbled to yourself, glancing at your phone.

"What?" Dean asked.

"I promised I would help Lucy with babysitting." You grumbled, standing up. "Can I take the impala?" You smiled with your teeth, grabbing Deans shoulders.

"Take the truck." Dean shot annoyed. "And also, take Cas." Dean added.

"Why?" You questioned as you glanced over to Sam who was confused on the conversation.

"Because I don't want you going out alone. Last time you did, you got snatched up by Lucifer." Dean rolled his eyes, taking a sip from his beer.

"First of all, Lucifer is gone and second, it's not even that far. It's about twenty minutes into town." You cross your arms.

"Don't matter, Y/N." Sam butted in.

"Are you guys really serious? I don't need Cas hovering over me and watching every single thing I do." Suddenly, you heard a whooshing sound behind you. You turned around slowly, revealing Castiel hearing everything you just spoke.

You grimaced at his presence, "Hey." You smiled awkwardly.

"Well that's what guardian angels are supposed to do. So that's good that I'm doing my job right." Cas raised his eyebrows at you and walked over to Sam and Dean.

You shook your head annoyed.

*
At Lucys' house, you were all settled in as she was packing up to go to work.

You met her a long time ago on a hunt. She was a victim of a werewolf who tried to kill her. She knows that you're a hunter along with your two brothers. You two became close and text regularly. She knows everything you've been through and it was nice to have her by your side. She knows that Cas is an Angel too and that he is your guardian angel.

"You're such a lifesaver." She packed up her purse as you were standing there with her son next to you.

"You're welcome." You smiled down to her son, who grabbed your leg.

"We're going to have so much fun." His child voice screeched.

"Don't over work her too much, Tyler. She needs to sleep too. Go in your room and pick out some toys to play with Y/N later." Lucy pushes Tyler gently upstairs as he obliged.

Lucy watched Tyler run to the living room. As he became out of sight, Lucy spoke, "How is hunting going along?"

"Good but I'm beat." You sighed out, placing your hand on your neck.

"Yeah? God, I feel terrible asking you to do this." She immediately regretted it by the tone of her voice.

"No, it's okay. I'm glad I can spend time with Tyler." You grabbed her hand gently and held it into yours. "I have to babysit two boys anyway. I'm used to it." You joked.

Lucy laughed and then glanced at her watch, "I better get going. Feel free to anything in the fridge as always and spend the night. I'll be home by 1am." Lucy walked over to the front door and when she opened it, it revealed Castiel. You totally forgot.

"Hey, Cas." Lucy greeted.

"Hello, Lucy." Cas nodded to her to greet her back.

"Well, come on in. Maybe you can place a spell on my son to go to sleep because he doesn't seem like he's going to sleep soon." Lucy turned to Tyler who was playing with a fire truck. "I'll see you later, okay sweetie? Mommy loves you." She rushed over to her son and kissed his forehead. "Listen to Y/N and the angel- I mean, Cas." She corrected herself.

You glance over at Cas awkwardly as Lucy walked out of the house.

"Okay, you're free to leave." You turned to Cas who was standing by the couch watching you and Tyler on the carpet playing with the truck.

"Leave? But Dean and Sam-"

"You always listen to what they say?" You scoffed, then squealed over to Tyler as he made fire truck noises to you.

"Yes, I'm not like you and does the total opposite of what they tell me." Cas randomly shot.

You raised your eyebrows to Tyler, having him catch on that you weren't having it tonight. You were exhausted by the previous hunt and Castiels attitude towards you was not going to slip tonight.

"Tyler, why don't you go up to your room and pick a movie for us to watch. Nothing scary." You stood up from the carpet and Tyler followed.

"You two aren't going to fight, are you?" Tyler questioned in a high pitched voice, glancing up at you.

"No-" You chuckled nervously to Tyler and then immediately turned to Cas, "Are we?" You shot sarcastically to Cas. The Angel stood there and sighed out heavily.

Tyler ran upstairs to go pick a movie and you immediately let Cas have it.

"I guess we are." Cas sighed, rolling his blue, precious eyes.

"Oh yeah, we are." You glared at Cas, "I don't need your help babysitting Tyler, okay? I babysat him plenty of times without you and I definitely don't need you to patronize me." You shot to him as you walked closer.

"I'm not, I'm simply following Sam and Deans wishes to stay with you to babysit Tyler." Cas explained.

You groaned, "I'm fine it's just-" You stopped for a moment, "Spending time with Tyler alone makes me feel normal. Being with Tyler makes  me feel like I'm not a hunter who kills monsters with all this violence around me. I just want one day where I'm not thinking about hunting. With having you around won't let me feel that way." You explained, wincing a little at Cass' reaction.

Cas nodded, understandably.

Your face turned puzzled but in an instant, you knew that he promised himself to always protect you and he'd do anything to not break that simple promise.

You and Cas share a stare into each other's eyes and suddenly, Tyler's footsteps running down the stairs interrupted it. "Found one!" He squealed. He rushed over to you and grabbed your leg.

"Hey, buddy. Let's see what you got." You grabbed the movie from his tiny, innocent hands, "Hercules. My favorite." You smiled at Tyler sweetly.

You and Tyler walked into the living room as Tyler plopped himself on the couch. "Come on, Castiel! Join us!" Tyler squealed.

"I wish I could, buddy but I got Angel stuff to do." Cas answered Tyler.

"Aw!" Tyler wined. You turned to Cas as you placed the movie in and tilted your head in confusion.

Cas nodded and turned to leave the house but you rushed over to him and stopped him. "Hey." You grabbed his trench coat and he turned around. "I'm sorry, it's-"

"I understand, Y/N. I do." Cas chuckled a little, glancing over at Tyler who was chilling on the couch. "I'd do anything to make some days 'normal' for me." Cas nodded.

"Thank you." You sighed out, relieved that Cas understood what you meant by all of this. You kissed Cas on the cheek softly and hugged him. "You know? You're the best guardian angel a hunter could ask for." You tugged Castiel harder in the hug and you felt him do the same.

You two released it and Tyler and you said your goodbyes to him knowing that no matter where you are, you would be safe at all times just because of having Cas look over you.