old 'friend' (part four)

Your eyes fluttered, revealing a familiar ceiling. You groaned as you sat up from your bedroom bed, staring at the empty wall.

"Oh good, it was all a dream." You sighed, giggling to yourself.

"Hmph, you wish." A voice from the corner spoke and you glanced over at him, revealing Sam.

"Crap." You grunted to yourself.

Sam laughed, "Are you okay? Cas tried to heal you but he said the wound was too deep." Sam placed his hand on your bandage that was wrapped around your torso.

You grabbed Sam's hand that was on it and squeezed it softly, "Yeah, just sore." You mentioned.

"Hey, you." Dean walked into your room and rushed straight to you, followed by Cas.

"Y/N, are you alright? I tried to heal it but-"

"I'm good, I'm good." You informed Cas. He nodded at your answer. "Well, wasn't that awkward huh, with Connor?" You laughed nervously at the situation and leaned back, "He's gone now and that's for the best."

"He's in the bunker library." Sam mentioned in a uneasy tone, wondering how you would react.

"What?" You questioned in a harsh whisper. You winced because you sat up quickly which didn't help your pain.

"He wants to talk to you." Dean added into the conversation.

You made a uncomfortable facial expression. "He does?"

"Yes, and he deserves the truth." Dean glared at you. You pout, knowing that Dean was right.

"I know, I know." You toss the blanket off of you, struggling to stand on your own two feet. Losing your balance, Dean rushed over and caught you.

"Thanks." You whispered. Sam, Dean and Cas stood right by you, walking you to the bunker library. You revealed a worried Connor sitting at the table, reading a dusty book of spells.

The sound of your footsteps made Connor glance up, "Hey, thank God." Connor ran over to you and hugged you tightly. "I thought I lost you, again." He whispered into your ear.

"We'll give you two some privacy." Sam stated. Dean got the message but Cas was blinded by Sam's statement.

"I'll be okay, Cas." You assured him. He nodded.

"You're lucky, you know." Connor told Cas.

"Lucky?" Cas turned, questioned.

"Being in love with this girl. She's pretty amazing now, isn't she?" Connor turned to you and tilted his head in awe. You faced Cas, staring at him, wanting him to say something. Connor still thinks that you and Cas are married.

"Yeah, I am pretty lucky that I am even in the same room as her." Cas unbelievably spoke. Sam and Dean eyes widened. All three of them walked out of the bunker, speechless. You smiled lightly, finally knowing how Cas feels towards you.

"You seem surprised." Connor studied you.

"Um, you know, huh." You stuttered. "I'm not going to lie to you, Connor. You saw what happened back there. We're not FBI agents. We're hunters. We hunt monsters. That's why I had to leave." You explained.

"I know, Sam and Dean explained it to me on the way here to the bunker." Connor mentioned.

"Oh." You sighed in relief. "Then you know why I had to leave." You nodded.

"And I know that you and Cas aren't really married. He's a angel that's been in love with you ever since he laid eyes on you. I know how that feels." Connor narrowed his eyes at you, letting you know that what you told him was a lie. "Now why would you say a lie like that?"

"I don't know, Connor. It doesn't matter anymore. It's not like we're going to get back together." You scoffed.

"Oh, so our six year relationship meant nothing to you?" Connor asked, aggressively.

"Are you kidding?" You shot at him, "It meant everything to me! Me leaving was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Ever!" You emphasized, shedding a tear. "I loved you."

Connor shook his head. He digs into his pants pocket and took out his wallet. Leaving you confused, he opened it and he revealed a crumbled piece of paper.

"What's that?" Your voice cracked.

"The note, you left me that night you left in my locker after the football game." He scoffed, un crumbling it. He glanced at it for a moment, tear dropping on it, "I kept it all these years to think to myself, 'Why would the love of my life leave me so suddenly, with no explanation?' And it's to hunt monsters." He laughed nervously, crumbling it back.

You stood there, eyes watering with no words. "And I will regret this for the rest of my life. I never meant to hurt you." You honestly spoke, shaking your head.

"I know you didn't. You would never hurt no one on purpose. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with you." He reminded you, cupping your face into his hand. You grabbed it with both of your hands and quietly sobbed.

"I'm sorry." You simply apologized.

"That night after the game, I came looking for you because I was going to ask you to marry me." Connor confessed. You shot up, surprisingly at Connor.

"What?" You whispered.

"Yeah, silly me." Connor laughed, scoffing at the fact.

"Connor-"

"I need you to know that I still love you. I know you love your new life. I'm happy that you're happy, Y/N. Truly." He smiled with his lips touching.

"Thank you." You went in for a hug to Connor and he gladly accepted it with open arms.

The hug lasted about thirty seconds but it was the best thirty seconds you could ask for. You released it and wiped away your tears. "Don't be a stranger." You chuckled.

"Never to you." He grabbed his bags as you heard footsteps coming from down the hall, revealing your two brothers and Cas.

"We'll come visit you soon, buddy." Sam held out his hand to shake his but Conner grabbed Sam and hugged him.

"Take care of Y/N." Connor told the three of them. Cas shot you a look, knowing that it was hurting you right now to let go of him.

Connor slowly walks up the bunker stairs to his car parked outside of the bunker. He keeps looking back, especially at you and every time he did, it was harder and harder for you to watch him walk out that door.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked, tugging you in.

"I'm fine, I have all I need right here with me i'm this room." You glanced over at your brothers, sighing. "This was the right thing for us to do. Even though at the time we were forced by our parents, it was the right thing." You explained, sitting your tired body in the chair.

"Seems like you need a beer." Sam chuckled, walking to the kitchen.

"More like five." You joked, running your fingers through your hair. "What if he was the one and I just let him go?" You groaned.

"He wasn't or you guys would've ended up together in the long run." Dean explained to you.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." You shrugged. Sam came back with a beer and you immediately opened it, taking a huge swig. Everyone in the room stares at you and shares each other a look.

"I'm going to bed." You scoffed of laughter and kissed Sam and Dean on the forehead. "Bye, Cas." You smiled halfway and headed into your room.

What a case.