comforted by an angel

"No, no!" You screeched in your sleep.

You were having a nightmare and you could feel yourself getting stabbed in your sleep. All of a sudden, you feel a sharp pain in your chest.

"Please, no!" You yelled.

"Y/N." You hear a comforting voice echo in your sleep.

You immediately wake up, realizing that you woke up Sam, Dean and Castiel. Well, Castiel doesn't sleep because he's an Angel.

"What?" You questioned, glancing around. "Oh, God. Did I wake you guys up? I'm sorry, I was just-"

"It's okay, Y/N. We all have the nightmares." Dean comforted you, sitting next to your bed. Dean caressed your hair to calm you down as you were hyperventilating.

"What was the dream about?" Sam questioned. You glanced up at Cas, who was just studying your behavior like he always does. You rolled your eyes at him and answered,

"Lucifer, again." You huffed, placing your palm on your face, breathing heavily.

"Damn it." Dean grunted.

"It's the same one over and over again. Where he stabbed me and took my grace." You explained to the boys.

"He's taunting you." Cas simply says. You glanced up at him again, confused.

"What do you mean? He's taken my grace, stabbed me, almost killed me like twice. He's not taunting me, he's just trying to get into my head and it's-" You stopped and realized, "It's working." You sighed.

Dean and Sam just looked at you, not knowing what to do. You were all lost on what to do with Lucifer.

"I need to talk to him." You simply told the boys. They immediately shot you a look like you were crazy.

"To give him another chance to kill you again? I don't think so." Dean scoffed.

"I don't know why, but he listens to me. We need to do something. He's ruining me." You told Dean with frighten in your voice.

"No, Y/N." Dean shot back at you.

"Guys-" Sam glared at you and Dean. "Not now, we'll talk about this in the morning." Sam nodded to Cas who agreed.

"I'll try to get some sleep but no promises." You chuckled, looking up at the boys who weren't amused. "Tough crowd."

"Let us know if you need anything." Sam kisses you gently on the head and you hummed.

"We'll come running in here, you know that right?" Dean asked you.

You nodded simply, "I know you guys will and I love you guys for that." You smiled at all three of them.

"Get some rest for our case we caught." Dean nodded as he and Sam walked out of your room. Cas just stood there, glancing back at your two brothers.

"I want him out of my head." You grunted angrily to Cas.

"We want him out for good." Cas reminded you.

"Yeah? It seems like he'll never leave me alone. I don't know why he wants me. Like, what's so special about me?" You curiously asked yourself and Cas.

Cas gently sat on your bed as you were sitting up, tucked in under your blanket.

"You know, I would say get some sleep but you never sleep, huh?" You chuckled softly at your joke. Cas wasn't amused. You sighed heavily in annoyance.

"Y/N, you heard your brothers. You need some rest." Cas demanded you.

Cas always looked out for you. No matter where he was or what it was, he was always there right by your side. Everytime you were hurt he was alerted by his angel sense and you felt protected everytime he was there. You loved him, but you didn't want to mess things up with what you had.

"Can you stay in here until I fall asleep?" You asked him with gentle in your voice.

"Of course I will." His rusty voice answered. You smiled at him, knowing that you were grateful for everything he is and what he has done to keep you Winchester's alive.

You flipped yourself over to the other side and closed your eyes instantly. Before you could sleep, you spoke to Cas.

"You know I love you, right?" You stated to Cas.

"I know, and I love you too." Cas answered. You turned your head over to Cas, who was just sitting in the corner, reading the yesterday's paper.

You smiled, turning your head back away from Cas.

"Good, just wanted to remind you." You mentioned to Cas. Without you two sharing another word, you fell asleep instantly with no nightmares awaking you. See? Having Cas there by your side made everything better in every situation you had.