peace of mind (part three)

Ms. Dowlings let you and Cas stay the night at the boarding house which Cas was excited about so you could get some rest.

Once you sat on the bed, trying to fall asleep, your eyes just wouldn't budge. You were exhausted, but something inside of you wouldn't let you sleep. So, you decided not to fight it.

The next morning, you decided to wake up before Cas notices you're missing and starts to freak out. You scurried down the stairs quickly and saw that Dowling was cleaning the living room.

"Hey, I'm going to be at the diner if anyone needs me." You informed her.

You head to the diner to maybe get some breakfast alone and some time to think. You walked into the diner, seeing everyone just be their weird but normal to them selves. You sat at the counter again and saw that Sunny noticed that it was you again. She smiled faintly at you and turned her back on you. You glanced at her back side in confusion.

"Hey, Sunny." You grabbed her attention. She hesitated, deciding to walk over to you.

"May I help you?" Her voice sounded tired.

"I saw the letters that you wrote to Conrad. They were sweet." You smile.

"He kept them?" She asked in a comforted tone. She slipped out a smile.

"Yeah, under his mattress back at the boarding house." You informed Sunny.

"You know what's weird? The same incident happened again. With the head blowing up? It's in the newspaper. Is it a coincidence or is something freaky going on?" Sunny asked you, worryingly.

"Really? Do you know who?" You questioned in desperation.

"Cindy Smith." She simply names.

You gasp, immediately shooting off the counter chair. Without saying a word, you stormed out of the diner but was stopped by Mayor Harrington.

"Good morning, detective. Going somewhere?" His voice turned demonic, having you back up from the sound. You dug into your jacket and pulled out the angel blade but he knocked it out of your hand. You clenched your fist to punch him but he took his palms and placed them on your head, having turning everything upside down in your brain.

**

CASTIELS POV

You go to check up on Y/N, hoping she is maybe still asleep in Conrad's room. You knock on the door gently and open it, revealing that the bed was the exact same, not slept on. You immediately go downstairs to see Ms. Dowling vacuuming the rugs with some weird wires in her ears.

"Ms. Dowling." You simply try to grab her attention but she kept on vacuuming. You walked over and tapped on her shoulder. Finally getting her attention, you asked, "Have you seen my partner? She's not upstairs."

"Ah, yes. She said she was going for a walk and a milkshake." Dowling smiled at you and placed the wire things in her ears again to continue to vacuum.

You stormed out of the boarding house and mumbled to yourself on the way to the diner, angrily.

Once you got there, you quickly get out of the car and head inside. You spot Sunny helping out a customer but interrupted the conversation.

"Was Y/N here?" You questioned Sunny.

"Y/N?" Her face covered with confusion.

"Kelp. My partner." You corrected yourself. 

"She was here a while ago. She left in a hurry when she learned what happened to Cindy. The same thing with Conrad happened to Cindy." Sunny explained to you.

You thanked her, heading out of the diner and drove over to the Smiths house.

Once you got to the doorstep, you knocked on the door and moments later, Justin opened the door.

"Have you seen my partner? I haven't seen her since this morning." You curiously asked Justin who just shook his head no.

"I haven't seen her but do come in." Justin offered you as he moved out of the way for you to step in. Doing so, you turned to Justin and offered condolences.

"I'm sorry about your wife, Cindy." You apologized.

"What do you mean? She's not dead." Justin laughed, "You must be confused. My wife is right here."

Suddenly, you reveal that Y/N comes out of the kitchen with a coffee cup in her hand, sporting a 50s look with the hair slicked back and everything. 

"I'll make you a martini, my friend." Justin pats you on the back and you just stare at Y/N, trying to put what happened all together but it wouldn't come.

"Hi, we met already. Cindy, Justin's wife." Her perfect smile hit you as she held her hand out to shake.

"You're not Cindy, you're Y/N Winchester." You spit out, trying to figure out what the hell happened.

"Excuse me? I'm sorry, but you have me mistaken. I don't know anyone by the name Y/N Winchester." She explained to you, sitting on the couch and shooting you a look of confusion.

You figured out that something terrible has happened and to find a way to snap Y/N out of it. You think that you're dealing with witches after all.

"Me and my husband have been married for twenty years. We've lived here for quite some time now." She informed you.

"You have two brothers, Sam and Dean. You're hunters and I'm your guardian angel, Castiel."

As you were explaining all of this to her, she kept on nodding her head and staring at you like you were crazy.

"I'm Cindy, look." She walks over to her purse and takes out her ID and gives it to you.

"No, you're not Cindy. You're Y/N Winchester. Snap the hell out of it!" You raised your voice, grabbing her shoulders to shake her out of it and she backs up immediately, throwing your hands down.

"Justin!" She screeched out and he came running in, grabbing Y/N's hand in comfort.

"Hey, watch your language around my wife. I think it's time for you to leave, now." Justin's voice turned hostile.

To not make any more matters worse, you decide to leave.

You headed out to the car and slammed the door, angrily. You glanced back at the house and saw that Y/N/ Cindy was looking out the window back at you.

What the hell is going on?