destinys child (y/n version part two)

Back at the bunker library, Cas and you monitors the spell bowl and Jack comes in, studying it.

"So? They made it? Sam and Dean are in Hell?" Jack questioned anxiously.

"Yeah." You answered in a unsurely way.

"But?" Jack knew there was something up.

"But there are just so many holes in Jo's story. Who was Ruby gonna sell the Occultum to? Why didn't Jo try to get it back?" You questioned all of these things that popped into your head.

"So you think she's lying." Jack stares down Cas, who is just looking at the spell.

"I think we need to ask Ruby." Cas stepped in.

"Who's dead." Jack points out.

"Yeah, in the Empty. I need you two for assistance." Cas turned to you and Jack.

"Uh, sure. Anything." Jack nods.

"I need you to kill me. Almost." Cas finished.

"Uh, for what?" You questioned, eyes widening at Cas.

"Can someone be almost dead?" Jack questioned Cas ask.

Cas rummages in a file drawer and brings out a flask.

"Cas, no. Sam and Dean only wanted us to watch the spell." You reminded Cas who was still digging in the drawer. "How will this even work?"

"Well, in theory-aha, if I'm brought to death's brink, I should be able to put one foot in the afterlife and contact Ruby."

"Cas, the Empty doesn't exactly like you, remember?" Jack reminded.

"Yeah, I do. But our deal -- I'm far from happy, so I should be fine. I need you draw out most of my life force, store it in here, and then keep a close watch. If it seems like I'm-"

"Really dying, not almost dying?" Jack added into Castiel's thought. 

"Then bring me back." Cas finished.

"Cas, I-I may not have a soul, but, uh, I know killing you is wrong. What if I screw up?" Jack asked honestly.

"What if this doesn't work?" You curiosity asked. You turned a little hostile at the situation.

"Well, then I'll be lost forever. But I think he'll do fine. Oh, um, you need to feed the spell bowl to keep the rift open for Sam and Dean, or they'll be lost forever. Let's do it." Cas hands him the blade and nodded. You wanted to stop this because you knew Sam and Dean would be furious.

"Are you sure?" Jack asked a final time.

"Not at all. Give me one hour. Then bring me back." Cas nodded to you. "I'll be fine." He assures you.

"You better come back." You demanded, chuckling lightly.

Jack opens the flask, lays his hand on Cas's forehead and extracts his life force into the flask. The light goes out of Cas's eyes and he slumps over, mostly dead. Jack seals up the flask and looks torn.