a heart broken absence (part four)

Back at the bunker, you were sleeping in your bed, trying to cry yourself to sleep but made you more upset and angry at the world. You decided to get out of your sad, depressed room and head in where Sam and Dean were at.

Walking into the kitchen area, you leaned yourself on the wall, watching Sam go through family pictures of your mom and yourselves. You smiled, wiping away a tear from your cheek. You stepped down from the stair and wobbled yourself over to Sam. You leaned your head on his shoulder, glancing at the pictures.

"You were so angry at me when I pushed you off the swing." Sam chuckled lightly, lifting up a picture where it showed your mom pushing you on the swing.

"Oh, I remember that. Once Sam pushed you off, you ran to mom. Tattletale." Dean scoffed playfully.

You chuckled lightly, lifting your head. You took a picture from your hand and carcass it with your finger. "This is my favorite one." You smiled weakly, revealing a picture of all four of you. You suddenly hear footsteps coming from the hallway. Without glancing up, you felt the presence of Cas. Having him be your guardian angel, you could always feel when he was near. This one time, you didn't want him near.

"Cas." Dean turned his head back, revealing a heart broken Angel.

"She's in Heaven. And she's at peace." Cas informed you all.

"So Naomi told you, huh?" Sam nods.

"Dumah, actually." Cas corrected.

"So, what? Are you just gonna take her word for it?" You sarcastically asked, sniffling.

"No. No, she let me in. I saw your mother's Heaven, and she is happy. She's with John, and there's no sorrow. There's no guilt. Just joy. I talked to Rowena. Um, she said she thinks that what Jack brought back, a, uh, just brought back a shell. A body, you know. That it was empty. Just a replica. Incapable of holding life." Cas explained, having you close your eyes to hold back the tears that were really going to flow.

You were angry, confused and devastated.

"So, what are we supposed to do now?" Sam asked, tugging you into his side and squeezed your body.

"What we always do." Dean glanced up at Sam, nodding.

You, Cas,Dean and Sam head out to the front of the bunker where you all had a funeral pyre outside with Mary's body burning. As you all stood watching her burn, Dean tossed a photo of her. You stood there, away from everyone else. You needed to really process this, not having no clue on what to do next.

In the corner of your eye, your watery eyes saw Cas attempting to walk over to you but Sam stopped him with his hand on his chest. Sam simply shook his head no to Cas. Your eyes were kept straight, not looking over to the left or right. You stood there, hopeless, wanting to find Jack more than ever. You hate to admit it, but you wanted him dead.