peace of mind (part five)

Y/N POV

"So I had the mind that I was Cindy?" You asked Cas as you returned to the bunker. You two were headed down the stairs, having Cas clearing everything up again.

"Yes, Y/N." His tone of voice seemed annoyed and you caught on.

As you two reached the bottom of the stairs, you reveal Sam and Dean having a little argument of their own.

"No, Dean. Don't stop believing by Journey is a popular hit. Metallica? Not my favorite." Sam grimaced.

"You take that back." Dean snapped, eyes widened.

"We're home!" You squealed to get their attention and they shot up.

"Hey, guys. How was it?" Dean and Sam met you halfway in the library and you all hugged.

"Where's Jack?" Cas questioned.

"With Jody." Sam answered.

A wide yawn that you didn't expect to come hit your face hard but it felt good. "I think I should get some rest." You smiled to all three of them, grabbing Sams hand in comfort. "I'll see you in the morning." You walked over to the hallway to your bedroom.

"Did she just say she was getting some rest?" Sam whispered to the guys but you heard it as clear as day.

"I heard that!" You screeched back. You chucked lightly and closed your bedroom door, immediately slipping off your shoes. You threw yourself on the bed and sighed heavily, being suddenly wide awake.

"No, I need sleep." You grunted to yourself into the pillow.

"Y/N?" You hear Cas voice behind the door.

"Come in." Your voice was muffled.

Revealing a happy Cas, he walked in and just stood there. You narrowed your eyes at him and tilted your head slightly.

"I just wanted to say good case today." Cas lied, knowing he wanted to say more than just that.

"Yeah?" You questioned him. "Uh, I'm sorry I ran off from the boarding house. I just needed time to think. I wouldn't of had thought I was Cindy if I just listened to you. Once again, Y/N Winchester screws up the whole case." You sighed, popping off the bed and walked over to the dresser to lean on it.

"You didn't screw the case, Y/N. It actually got us closer to the witch." Cas mentioned as you nodded lightly.

"I should've just had listen to you. I'm sorry." You apologize, head glancing down at your feet.

"I accept your apology. There will be more incidents where you don't listen to me but some of them might lead you to more danger." You glanced up at him and he continued, "I'm hard on you because I care about you and your brothers." He emphasized, staring into your eyes.

"I know." Your voice cracked, turning it into a whisper. "I'm just so exhausted." You wined.

"You need your rest, Y/N. You're human and it's natural. It's not a sign of weakness to rest your body. You over work it too much and that's why your brothers and I worry about you." Cas explained.

"Speaking of that, let her get some sleep before you talk her head off." Dean barged in, followed by Sam right behind him ruining your moment with Cas.

"I do not talk to someone to take their head off." Cas mentioned, not getting the saying. You chuckled lightly.

"That's not what- you know, never mind." Dean shook it off and stood right beside you as Sam stood next to Cas.

"Cas is right, Y/N. We're tough on you because we love you." Sam explained as Cas and Dean nod.

"Yeah, even though you can be hard headed, stubborn, not a great listener and-"

"She gets it, Dean." Sam immediately halts Deans rant. You glare at Dean.

"I love you, too." You grin, dragging your tired feet over to your bed and jumped into it. "Lets all get some rest before I find another case." You smirked to Sam and Dean and their eyes widened. You scanned the room as Sam and Dean kissed you goodnight and there was no sign of him. He left instantly, without saying goodnight to you. You knew deep down that
Cas loved you and you loved him and you two would do anything for each other. He was your guardian angel and a pretty damn good one watching out for you and your two brothers.

You tucked yourself into the bed and closed your eyes to get some rest but you doubt you would eventually fall asleep.

Luckily, you fell asleep instantly.