Childhood videos

"Hey, guys?" Your voice echoed though the bunker, walking into the map room. You reveal Sam at the map table, scanning though his laptop.

"No, please tell me you aren't trying to find us a case. Me and Dean are beat." You groaned, leaning on Sams chair, squinting at his screen that revealed that he was.

"Look at this, man disappears after he goes fishing at Crater Lake. No one saw anything. Seems like our thing." Sam pointed out.

"Sammy, come on. This is a hunch." You scoffed, plopping yourself next to Sam. You lay your head on the table, closing your eyes.

"Maybe." Sam sighed out disappointed.

"You know what? I'll be back." You shot up, raising your eyebrows to Sam.

"Okay." Sam chuckled, confused on what you were going to do.

You walked into Deans room who was sound asleep.

"Dean, wake up!" You climbed into his bed and shook it. "Come on, I have an idea."

"What?" Dean grunted, rolling over making you almost fall off the bed but you hung on.

"Come on." You yanked the blanket off of him. You grabbed his ankles and attempted to drag him out, but he went full dead weight.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Dean grunted again, finally after a hundred years standing up. He stood by his bed, eyes struggling to stay awake.

You rushed down the hallway of the bunker and headed into your room.

"Go get Sam and go into the map room!" You screeched to Dean from the hallway. You revealed Dean stumbling into the room and smiled to yourself.

You scrambled into your drawers to find some of your home videos that Mary gave you.

You ran into the map room and revealed a confused Sam and a tired Dean. Dean yawned but was startled as you tossed the dvds on the table.

"What is that?" Sam questioned, retrieving one of the dvds into his hand. He flipped it over and studied it.

"Y/N's first word." Sam reads, chuckling. "Are these home videos?" Sam chuckled, scrambling through the other ones.

"Yeah, we are going to watch them." You smiled.

"Why?" Dean asked, confused on what you were doing.

"Because I want to." You shot, sliding over Sam's laptop to you. "Gimme." You snatched one of the dvds from Deans hand and slid it in.

As you slid it in, Sam and Dean shot a weird look at each other.

"Why are we watching these again?" Dean questioned, genuinely confused.

"Shush." You rolled your eyes and focused your eyes on the laptop. "Just watch."

The screen revealed you and your twin brother Sam and Dean who was playing with legos.

"Look how innocent we were." Sam pointed to the screen in aw. In the video, it shows that you threw a water bottle at Dean. Dean suddenly starts crying.

Dean shot you a annoyed look, chuckling after.

You placed your head on Deans shoulders as you three laughed at the videos.

You, Sam and Dean watched the home videos reminiscing when your Mom and Dad being there for you as parents.  It was hard for you three to take care of yourselves as your parents suddenly leaving for a hunts but you all fought hard to be where you are now.

You glanced over at Sam and Dean who were laughing at each other in the home videos. You loved seeing them like that because they haven't been genuinely happy in a long time.

"Ah! Let's watch this one!" Dean screeched, putting in the dvd of Deans first step into the laptop. You chuckle to yourself.

"I'll go grab us some beers." You stood up and headed into the kitchen. Grabbing them, you heard from down the hall Sam and Dean cackling. You laughed at the noise, walking back into the map room.

"Look, do you remember that couch? Mom loved it but I hated it." Dean pointed to the screen that revealed you three playing on the carpet.

Sam agreed, "She knew something was up when we broke it." Sam chuckled. You leaned on the wall, taking it in how happy Sam and Dean are by simply just watching home videos.

Dean turned around, revealing how you were just standing there, "Hey, Y/N." Sam turns around as well and tilted his head, puzzled.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" Sam questioned, pausing the laptop.

"No, nothing. Keep watching them." You chuckled lightly, sniffing at the same time. A single tear escaped your eyes.

"Y/N?" Dean was genuinely worried why you were crying.

"No, I'm okay. It's okay. It's just I haven't seen you two this happy in a long time. Seeing this, you two- is amazing." You nodded certainly. 

Sam sighed and smiled lightly, "Bringing out these videos was a great idea. Thanks, Y/N." Sam thanked.

You nodded, walking over to your brothers and sat the beers down on the map table. "Which one are you two on?" You pressed play on the laptop.

A video of you and Dean popped up, revealing you two on swings. Sam was pushing you on the swing as Mary was pushing Dean.

"I vaguely remember this day. Yeah, we went to the park and Mom said Dad couldn't come because he had work." You sighed out, studying the video.

"Yeah, a few days later she found out about dads hunting." Sam added and inhaled.

"And when I was thirteen years old, I became a parent to two annoying twins." Dean joked.

You playfully smacked Dean on the shoulder and scoffed of laughter. You opened your beer and took a swig. "Yup."

"We were good kids, right?" You questioned your two brothers.

"Of course we were. Best damn kids in that neighborhood." Dean answered in a determined tone.

Suddenly, Sam's phone rang and he immediately answered it.

"Uh, huh. I'll be there in the morning." Sam hangs up the phone, leaving you and Dean puzzled on who it was.

"Who was that?" You questioned.

"The sheriff in Oregon. They found another man in the woods cut up." Sam informed us.

You groaned, "You called them? I told you me and Dean are beat." You stare down Sam.

"I called them when you were struggling to wake up Dean." Sam chuckled.

Unable to get upset at the matter, you gave in, "Fine, give me a few minutes to get everything together." You rolled your eyes and stood up from the chair.

As you were heading out, you immediately stopped from Sam playing the laptop. You glanced over and revealed on the screen you and Sam taking a bath.

"You are my world, yes you are!"  Your mother on the voice over squealed to you and Sammy. By the looks of it, you two had no idea what she was saying. Just hearing her voice brought back memories.

You heard Sam sigh and shut the laptop. "Just hearing her voice is so calming." Sam mentioned.

Dean pats Sam's broad shoulders, "Come on, let's hit the road." Dean grunted as he stood up and he signaled you to get your stuff together for the hunt. You nodded, rushing into your room.

You opened your closet and slipped on your dads favorite flannel that he gave to you when he went on his last hunt and never came back.

Those memories that you share with your two brothers and your mom was the spot in your heart that kept you going. Hunting was in yours and your brothers blood ever since you were born. It was bittersweet, those memories.