Partners (part two)

You took the impala without Deans permission to Ohio with Jack in shot gun.

"Says that it's by a library where they are last seen." Jack tells you.

"What's the first victims name again?" You asked Jack.

"His name is Winston." Jack replies. "Isn't Dean going to kill you because you took his car?" Jack worries.

"He can't kill me. Jack, let's focus on this case we might not even have." You remind him.

***

"So this is it?" You carefully closed the impala door having putting thought to what Jack had said.

"Yes, this is the Harper library." Jack glances at his computer. He then throws it into the impala and slams the door.

"Hey, take it easy man. If even the smallest dent-"

"Can I help you?" A light womans voice asked us while the two of you were arguing like little kids in front of a library. You both turn your head and see it was a blond girl about twenty three, thin blond hair with blue eyes. You then took out your badge quickly to not look suspicious.

"Uh-" You clear your throat. "I'm detective Troy and this is my partner Will. We just have a few questions about Winston Mathers." You clearly stated.

"Now? I talked to so many cops today. I need a rest." She pouts.

You roll your eyes without her seeing.

"I understand, it'll be quick." You answered back. She agrees and motions you two in the library.

"Okay, you can ask me and Larry." She tells you as she unlocks the library door.

As you walk in, you made a little joke.

"Damn, I haven't been in a public library in so long." You joke. You glance over to Jack who just looks at you strangely. You slightly giggle out of embarrassment. You continue.

"So, how'd you know Winston?" Jack asked the lady.

"Oh please, call me Harper. Harper Sayles." She tells you but more towards Jack. She walked slowly over towards him and put her hand out for him to shake it. Looking confused, Jack put his hand out at well, intertwining his with hers. You rolled your eyes again, then went to speak.

"Okay, so, how long?" You recalled the question.

"About a year. He helped me with the library." She told you, still eyeballing Jack. Jack had no clue what was going on.

"What did you tell the cops?" Jack asked.

"I'm sorry, I really need to put these books away. Maybe you can ask the diner across the street. He was a regular every day." She strangely said. She then sprinted over to the door and opened it for us to leave. You and Jack looked at each other and followed her orders.

"Oh hey Detective Will. Maybe you can call me?" She smirked in a seducing voice. Jack nods like a little kid and you pull him by the shirt and pulled him out.

"She totally likes you." You finally say.

"Nah, she's just confused." Jack shot.

"Psh, okay." You scoffed.

"Can I help you guys?" A man stopped you two.

"Uh, no?" Jack asked in confusion.

"I saw you talking to Harper. I'm Larry. Maybe she mentioned me." He motioned his hand out to shake and before Jack could, you did.

"Yes she did actually." We we're talking about the murder of Mather's. Winston?" Jack tells Larry.

"Oh, sorry don't know anything about that! Thank you!" Larry leaves in an instant.