Commander Spock

Your lips curved up into a small smile, watching your godchild, T'lau play with Spock's engagement ring.
Your best friend Samok, a Vulcan ambassador entrusted her to you for a couple of days, whilst he was away on a rather dangerous planet.
She was the sweetest child, admittedly you'd been a bit of a bad influence to her father, he had chosen to let her embrace her emotions, always explaining 'there's nothing compared to the joy on your child's face, greeting you when you come home again'
Spock let her continue to mess with his hair, before he gently sat her down on the couch next to him, getting up to help you carry the pile of snacks you'd gotten from the replicator.
"Now listen ashal-veh, don't you dare breath  a word of this to your father"
You warned, as she happily picked out a big jug of ice cream.
"I don't think this is a logical idea y/n"
"Me neither, but she's a kid, and it won't kill her"
Spock nodded, before picking out a snack of his own, you turned on an old movie.
It was nearly 3am, both yourself, and T'lau had fallen asleep, Spock being the responsible Vulcan in the room carefully closed the lid on her ice cream tub, her little face covered in the stuff.
The moment her small hands were free, and her face cleaned, She turned over, curling into you.
Spock pulled a blanket from your bed, before he sat on T'lau's other side. He leant over and kissed your forehead, force of habit before falling asleep himself.

It was nearly 4 am when Samok transported back aboard the enterprise, returning early from his trip. Captain Kirk and the Doctor greeted him.
"I must admit Captain, I'm a little surprised y/n and T'lau aren't here with you"
"We tried to call for them sir, but we believe they are currently resting"
Samok couldn't contain the small smirk as he thought about how adorable T'lau looks when she's asleep, and how stupid you look.
"Do ya think we could trade him in for Mr Spock, I like this Vulcan"
The Doctor asked, half kidding.
Samok smiled warmly, before leading the other 2 out of the transporter room, eager to see his baby.
"Y/n?"
Several snorts of laughter followed behind as the door opened, revealing a snuggled mass of blankets.
Samok himself couldn't control a little laugh, seeing his best friend snuggling his child, who still happily snored, Spock's arm draped over both of them.
Samok gently pulled T'lau out from underneath them.
"We'll inform them in the morning"
Jim restrained himself from laughing, before getting T'laus bag for the ambassador.

When you got up, Samok and T'lau were still there, Spock having gotten them both breakfast.
"You couldn't of woken me sooner?"
"Only a true lovers kiss could wake sleeping beauty"
Samok groaned as you smacked him on the head. Sitting down on the opposite side as T'lau giggled before thanking you for this weekend.
"You're both always welcome"
They spent another 20 minutes on board, before you escorted them to the transporter room.
Sitting with Spock, you hooked your arm through his own.
"Too bad we can't have one of our own"
"A child?"
"Yeah, I'd like too, one day"
"That does sound reasonable, but with our current careers, having a child would be most illogical"
"I'm aware of that"
Spock pressed a kiss into your forehead.
"I love you, and one day when we're ready we'll have a child"
"I love you too, I can't wait"