Chapter 2-4: The voice

It had now been a few weeks since the whole Draco, mudblood incident. Desiree still hadn't spoken to Draco except for a few words here and there in Potions or the common room.

"So you actually hit Malfoy in the face?" Cedric laughed as him and Desiree walked by the Black Lake.

"Yes I did." laughed Desiree, "Now how many times are you going to ask me that?"

"Until it no longer becomes funny." Cedric laughed, looking towards Desiree.

Desiree playfully rolled her eyes, "Can we change the subject now?" she laughed.

"If you insist." he smiled, "So, how are your classes going?"

"Well aside from Lockhart not knowing what he's supposed to be teaching, they're going quite well." Desiree laughed once more.

"I'm not sure why I asked, I'd expect nothing less from you." said Cedric now looking in front of the pair.

"Well I am an Alcyone after all." Desiree said looking forward as well.

"I don't think it has anything to do with your last name. You're a bright witch, don't let people assume it's just because of your family lineage. You're as good as you are because you have worked for it, that's something not many people do nowadays." said Cedric turning his head to face Desiree.

"Thanks Cedric." Desiree smiled looking up to Cedric. Not many people thought the way he did, they assumed Y/n was only good because of her family. Sure they helped, but Desiree had worked much harder than most of her fellow classmates to be as good as she was.

"I'm only telling the truth. Now, I should be going. I have Quidditch practice soon. I'll see you later Desiree." said Cedric, now walking away.

Desiree returned to the castle and made her way to the library. Pansy was sitting at a table with Blaise.

"Hey guys!" Desiree said excitedly.

"Hey we were looking for you earlier." said Pansy.

"I was with Cedric." Desiree smiled.

"You're kidding. If you keep it up at this rate you'll talk to him more than you do with me." Pansy said jokingly.

"Don't be silly, I talk to you everyday and we're roommates for Merlin's sake." Desiree laughed.

"So...what'd you two talk about?" asked Pansy, in a rather eager yet excited tone.

"Well he asked if I actually hit Draco like five times," Desiree laughed, "then we just talked about whatever came to mind. He's quite easy to talk to." she now smiled.

"Ahh, see now you're smiling just thinking about the things you two talk about. You're proving my point even more." laughed Pansy.

"Oh for the last time Pansy, I don't fancy Cedric. Now give it a rest." laughed Desiree.

"Oh fine," said Pansy reluctantly, "but I know I'm right."

The three began to study for a test they had in Transfiguration in a few days. It was all going well until some time later when,

"Do you two hear that?" asked Desiree.

"Hear what?" Blaise asked confused.

"The voice." said Desiree with a frown on her face.

"There is no voice. Are you alright?" asked Pansy in a rather worried tone.

"It's getting louder." said Desiree as she now stood up and began to walk in the direction of the voice. She followed it until she ran into Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Harry what are you talking about? There aren't any voices." Hermione said as they turned the corner, running into Desiree. "Oh Desiree...um you didn't hear that." Hermione said quickly.

"Wait did you say voices? Like a voice in the wall?" asked Desiree.

"You hear it to?" asked Harry eagerly.

"Yes I do. What is it?" Desiree asked with the same frown as earlier.

"I don't know but I think we need to figure that out." said Harry.

"Guys not to ruin your chat but it appears we have bigger issues." Ron said pointing to Mrs. Norris petrified.

"That's Filch's cat." said Hermione as the four walked up to the wall that was written on in blood.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware" Desiree read as they stood in front of the wall.

By now everyone was coming back from dinner. They all stopped where the group stood, in shock.

Draco had just made his way to the front of the Slytherin group. "Enemies of the heir beware." he looked to Hermione, "You'll be next mudbloods."

Desiree scowled at Draco. He new she hated him using that foul word, especially towards Hermione.

Filch now emerged from the crowd, "Potter, what are you-" he stopped, "Mrs. Norris...you murdered my cat. I'll kill ya, I'LL KILL YA."

Dumbledore emerged from the crowd of students. He stopped and stared at the message on the wall before saying, "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Everyone except you four." he said pointing to Desiree, Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

"She's not dead. She's only been petrified. How though, I could not tell you." Dumbledore said looking to Filch.

"Why don't you ask him. He's the one that's done it." Filch pointed to Harry.

"If I might headmaster, perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Especially Miss Alcyone." Snape objected to Filch's accusation.

After a strange talk with the professors, Desiree walked into the Slytherin common room.

"Desiree what happened? Are you alright?" Pansy sat up from the couch.

"I'm fine. Snape stood up for me. I'm not in any trouble." said Desiree as she sat down on the couch.

"Why were you there with Harry, Ron, and Hermione anyway?" asked Pansy in a confused manner.

"I ran into them while I was listening to that voice. Turns out Harry also heard it. So...I'm not going crazy." laughed Desiree.

"You know what this means don't you?" asked Pansy.

"No, but should I?" frowned Desiree.

"Well, this just means that now we have to get to the bottom of this. Together." Pansy smiled.