Chapter 5-12: The Serpent's Song

"Desiree, wake up!" said Pansy, shaking her shoulder.

"What?" asked Desiree, rubbing her eyes.

"The Quidditch match starts in twenty minutes. Get up!" said Pansy.

"Twenty minutes?! Pansy I told you to wake me up thirty minutes before the match starts if I wasn't already up," Desiree quickly jumped out of bed, hurrying to get ready before the match starts.

"I thought I heard you up and moving already. That's why I didn't come back down here earlier," said Pansy.

"It's fine, I'm up now. That's all that matters," she managed to say while brushing her teeth.

"I'll just meet you in the common room," said Pansy.

"I should be up there in a few minutes. I just have to find my scarf," said Desiree. It didn't take her long to find her scarf, it was sitting right on top of her books in her trunk. She quickly threw on a bit of mascara before running up to the common room.

"Ready?" asked Pansy.

"Let's go," said Desiree, dragging Pansy out of the common room. She wanted to get good seats for today's match, and since they were already running behind, it didn't seem likely that they would.

"Would you stop pulling me! Blaise is already down there saving us seats at the front," said Pansy.

"Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" asked Desiree. "That would have saved so much of my energy," she chuckled.

"Just come on," Pansy chuckled.

The girls quickly made their way to the front of the Slytherin stands just in time for the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams to fly out onto the pitch. Excitement spread through all of the students, not just the Gryffindors and Slytherins. This was easily one of the biggest matches each year.

Desiree watched as Draco did a few fast laps around the pitch, showing off the speed of his broom of course, until he stopped where the rest of the team was. She looked just a bit to the side of him to see Ron looking sickly as ever. She remembered him mentioning that Angelina asked him to fill in the Keeper's position after she was just barely able to get Umbridge to approve the Gryffindor team to continue to play.

As the came began it became clear very soon that the Gryffindor team was going to put up a good fight to get as many goals as they could since Ron wasn't doing that well at being Keeper. Desiree thought the game was quite entertaining until she saw Draco give a nod to Pansy. Pansy nodded and turned to the Slytherin stands.

"Alright everyone, it's like we've told you for the past few weeks. You already know the lyrics, just follow my lead," said Pansy.

"Pansy what's going on?" asked Desiree, leaning in to Pansy.

"You'll see in a few seconds," Pansy grinned. "Alright, on my count, one. . . two. . . three!"

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,That's why Slytherin's all sing:Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin,
He always lets the Quaffle in,Weasley will make sure we win,Weasley is our King.

Desiree was completely taken aback by what Pansy was singing with everyone. She turned to see Ron growing more anxious as two of the Slytherin chasers approached him with the Quaffle. With this the other Slytherin's grew louder with their taunting song as the chasers grew closer and closer to Ron.

Weasley is our King,
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King.