Chapter 1-3: Halloween

The first month at Hogwarts seemed to fly by for Desiree. She seemed to excel in almost every area of magic she learned. She went to class per usual, then would study or hang out with Pansy, Draco, or the golden trio. It was now a few days before Halloween and Desiree couldn't be more excited. Halloween was Desiree's favorite holiday besides Christmas, and it would be her first Halloween at Hogwarts.

Desiree sat in Charms class with Draco and Pansy as they learned how to do Wingardium Leviosa.

"No stop, you're going to poke someone's eye out. Besides, it's leviOsa, not leviosA." Hermione said to Ron as they sat across the class.

Desiree watched as Hermione had gotten it without a problem. Desiree decided to try it; she was able to get it on her first try just like Hermione.

"Miss Granger, Miss Alcyone, great work!" Professor Flitwick said as he watched both feathers fly.

"How'd you do that so easily?" Draco asked looking confused.

"It was pretty easy, I guess I'm just good at charms as well." Desiree smiled.

There was a loud popping noise that came from the other side of the class. A boy named Seamus Finnigan somehow managed to make his feather explode. Desiree let out a slight chuckle after seeing Seamus looking at his charred feather.

"See at least you didn't mess up that bad." Desiree laughed as she looked at Draco.

Draco just gave a mocking smile back. A sassy young boy he was.

"Hey what are you guys going to do for Halloween?" Pansy asked as she leaned towards Desiree and Draco.

"I'm not sure, I guess whatever we can do. My family has a big party every year but this year I won't be there, obviously." Desiree said as she looked towards Pansy.

"Miss Parkinson, Miss Alcyone if you could please work on the assigned charm." Professor Flitwick said as he glared down at them on the top of his books.

"Sorry, Professor" Desiree and Pansy said together.

* * *

It was now Halloween. Desiree woke up excited to start her day. She ran up to the great hall for breakfast with Pansy. Desiree then made her way to potions class with Professor Snape.

"Today you will have exactly one hour to make Draught of Living Death. I only expect a few of you to succeed in this." Snape looked over to Desiree and Draco. "Open your textbooks to page 46 for the instructions."

Desiree quickly began brewing the complicated potion. To her surprise she was one of few that had actually managed to brew it correctly, the others being Draco and Hermione.

"Right well for the three of you, there will be five points added to each of your houses. Miss Alcyone and Mr. Malfoy together that adds up to 10 points for Slytherin. Miss Granger that adds 5 points to Gryffindor. As for the rest of you, I expect a roll of parchment on my desk by Monday detailing how to correctly brew the Draught of Living Death. You all are dismissed." Snape said as he turned and went into his office.

The rest of the day went by quickly for Desiree. It was now time to go down to the great hall for the Halloween feast. Desiree sat down with Draco and Pansy as usual, of course, Crabbe and Goyle had to tag along.

"Can you believe Pottah has been made the new Gryffindor seeker? It's pathetic." Draco snarled.

"Well, that's kind of your fault Malfoy. After all, you did run off with Neville's remembrall." Desiree snapped back.

"What's your problem?" Draco said as if questioning why she was sticking up for Harry.

"Look just because you're one of my friends doesn't mean I'm going to let you sit here and make fun of my other friends right in front of me," Desiree said with a slight attitude. She hated when Malfoy would talk about them like that.

Before Malfoy could say anything back the great hall doors slammed open.

"TROLL...IN THE DUNGEON! I thought you ought to know." Professor Quarrel yelled before he fainted startling everyone.

Everyone began to scream and run out of the great hall.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled. "Prefects please escort your house to your common rooms. As for teachers follow me to the dungeons."

The Slytherin prefect escorted Desiree along with the rest of Slytherin down to the common room. Desiree sat on one of the couches with Pansy as Draco sat across from them.

"Well, at least we'll always remember our first Halloween at Hogwarts," Pansy said trying to lighten the mood.

Desiree and Draco laughed. The rest of the night Desiree spent talking with her two closest friends. She almost felt as if though this Halloween could be considered ruined that this was her favorite one out of all of the ones she has celebrated in the past.