Chapter 50 - Rain Or Shine

Breakfast had just finished the following day and as the sun began to make its way into the sky Kennedy and Cedric sat with Maisie just outside the great hall near a window in hopes to catch up with one another about everything that had been going on.

Of course Maisie had already took it upon herself to tell Cedric of everything that had gone on with George and Fred so Kennedy wouldn't have to worry about explaining herself another time and she could only assume Maisie would go and spill Kennedy's secret to Leighton.

Those two had been hanging out fairly often to do some studying for the owls coming up for there year which Kennedy had completely forgotten about. Not only had she spaced on studying she had fallen behind in History of Magic.

Cedric offered to help her out -which she happily agreed to- but it turned that this 'help' he was offering was more so a charity event where he dumped all his notes into her bag and told her to give them back to him a week prior to there test day.

Kennedy wasn't complaining and had even thanked him for the notes that would surely help her piece a few puzzles together, but at the same time she was hoping for a bit more guidance from her friend. In the end she would figure it out, but for now the level of panic Kennedy was feeling was beginning to feel detrimental to her health.

Mentally and physically.

And as per usual she refused to let any of that show. Which leads to where Kennedy was now with Cedric and Maisie snuggled into one another while Kennedy lay on her back with her head resting on Cedric's thigh and her feet propped up on a nearby planter.

"You know, I think you two would be cute." Cedric mumbled as he glanced over Maisie's shoulder to see what she was writing about.

Her and Kennedy had been going over his notes to pull out key information from what he claimed was 'key information,' but really it was blocks of text full of useless words.

"What?" Maisie asked as she glanced up to him with confusion.

"Not you," He comment with an eyeroll. "Kennedy."

This brought Kennedy from her trance of trying to read Cedric's sloppy cursive handwriting that really looked more like a bunch of tiny mountains with flees hopping about them.

"What about me?" Kennedy asked as she looked through her eye lashed up to the boy who chuckled at her current position.

"You and Fred. I think you'd be super cute together. It would be fairly similar to the relationship Maisie told me about in one of her books."

Maisie's head shot up from her notes at the sound of her name and 'books' in the same sentence. Her eyes sparkled a little as she glanced between the two with a smile on her face.

"The one with Faro and Tallahassee?" She comment which made Cedric laugh and deliver a small peck to her forehead.

"Yes, that one. They would match pretty well wouldn't they?"

"Who?" Maisie questioned since she clearly hadn't been paying attention to what he was saying until it involved her.

"Kennedy and Fred." Cedric added without a single hint of being bothered.

"Oh!" Maisie state before her face slowly turned into one of disgust. "I mean yeah, there relationship would match Faro and Tallahassee but they would not be the cutest pair."

"What do you mean?" Both Cedric and Kennedy asked, although Cedric was more so confused as to where Kennedy was offended by the statement.

"Personally I'm a George and Kennedy lover. They have a far more in-depth and personal connection then I feel Fred and her do." Maisie explained as she went back to writing with her mind now focusing on both tasks.