Chapter 78 - Figuring Things Out

The two boys remained on the floor as they looked to Kennedy who was flooded with so many emotions on her face that the twins couldn't quite tell what was going on with her. While Kennedy sorted out her thoughts the boys slowly stood from the floor, making sure to close the door they had busted open while they were at it.

"Umm... hi?" Kennedy state bewildered as she watched the two boys stand by one another awkwardly.

"So..." Fred mumbled.

"What do you mean so? You both just about broke my door down and then expect me to say something. How did you guy's even know where to find me?" Kennedy questioned the two with her arms crossed.

"Alicia," Fred respond just ask George spoke.

"Physically? Fred. Verbally? Gabrielle."

Kennedy blinked, letting out a long sigh as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Alright then. What do you two need?"

"A better question would be why haven't you come to see either of us today?" George asked the girl who kept her eyes switching between the two as he spoke.

"I've... got a lot on my plate. It's been a long morning and I already have to go talk to Dumbledore-"

"Why?" Fred asked with a puzzled look on his face as he messed with the books on Maisie's shelf.

"Uhh," Kennedy muttered while casting a glance at George. "Long story short Dumbledore didn't want to see me last night, it was my father.

George's eyes widened and so did Fred's some as he heard Kennedy say that she had seen her father the night he had spent entirely with Angelina. A sickening feeling filled his stomach as he shuffled on his two feet.

"Was everything okay?"

"I guess... nothing is ever necessarily 'okay' when it comes to him. But for the most part, everything's fine. I just have to run a few things by Dumbledore so he can report it to the ministry is all." Kennedy explained with a small shrug of her shoulders, trying to play it off like it wasn't anything extreme.

"Hold on," George interrupted. "When I went looking for you... you had just come back from a meet-up with Foster?"

"Yeah..." Kennedy comment slowly while keeping her eyes on Fred who's face contort into both anger and confusion as he looked between his brother and the young women he fancied.

"You knew where she was?" Fred bellowed as he attempts to keep his anger to a minimum.

George let out a frustrated sigh when he looked to Kennedy who looked just as frustrated as he, only she looked just slightly more.

"Well while you weren't looking for her and I was. I ended up finding her and spent the dance talking to her." George retaliates.

"The whole night- I was worried about her! Our friends were!" Fred state starting to get into George's face.

"Oh shut it, you git. You were practically feeling Angelina up the last I heard."

"Oh bloody hell, you don't know what was happening while you were out hogging Kenny all night!"

"I was thinking of her! She was soaked from the ran- in which we danced in by the way- and had makeup all down her face. I didn't want her to feel forced to see everyone when she may or may not have been comfortable doing so!"

"Well the least you could have done was walk in and inform us all that Kenny was safe and she would be down in a bit! Because that is exactly what I would have done-"