Chapter 110 - A Weird Reunion

Yet another quite morning in the burrow was upon those living in the small house lay flat in the middle of a beautiful field much similar to the one the burrow had reside in for so many years. The sun looked down upon the world, drying every last dew drop sliding down the spine of each long blade of wheat.

In a couple day's Ron would be off to school along with Harry and Hermione, but to be able to them all to go Hermione would be arriving today to prepare in picking up Harry from his house. Since so much was going on in the world that had to do with the boy, all hands were needed on deck to safely get him here safely to the burrow.

Meaning well...

"Honey! I'm home!" Maisie shrieked loudly as she kicked open the front door of the burrow with Leighton wincing as he followed behind her.

"Sorry, Mrs. Weasley!" Leighton shout out to nowhere in particular.

Meanwhile Kennedy was holding her book tightly to her chest as her heart raced rapidly within her from the sudden startle.

"Maisie! What the hell?!" Kennedy gaped partly from anger but more so from surprise as a smile swept onto her face and she shot up from her spot at the couch, booking it toward Maisie whose arms were open wide.

Sprinting quickly Kennedy dove right into her bestfriends arms, sending them both flying back into Leighton who thankfully caught them both as he staggered back. Leighton held an awkward and embarrassed smile as George and Fred walked in with Molly at there side.

"Oh, dear!" Molly laughed while Fred and George ran at Leighton, bringing him into a quick 'bro-hug' as they smiled like wild idiots.

Kennedy still attached to Maisie looked up at the two with bewildered eyes.

"You two! You did this didn't you? You got them here?" Kennedy sped out while Maisie started to squirm slightly.

"Indeed we did." Fred spoke proudly.

"Thought you could use a bit of a... pick me up. Plus when we're all gone we thought you could have some friends to talk to." George said sweetly with a small grin shining through his brown eyes.

Kennedy smiled gratefully to him, but the moment was ruined when Maisie started to squirm even more.

"Alright- one hug was good, I was ok with one. But this? This is the equivalent of seven hugs. Let me go before I give you another scar." Maisie grumbled causing Leighton to laugh shortly when Molly gave a slightly shocked look to the girl.

"Haha! Okay! We're taking a second to rethink what we just said, now aren't we, Mase?" Leighton state while pulling Maisie to him with a hinting look on his face.

"...Uh, no?" Maisie state as if he were stupid, causing Leighton to face palm.

Kennedy laughed, still with a smile on her face as she looked to the two.

"Keeping her under control I see?" Kennedy smirked, sending a subtle wink in Leightons direction.

A thick blush coated the mans cheeks and soon enough he was lost for words and barely managed to mutter out a small sentence.

"Well you're no longer there to, so someone's got to."

"Oi!" Maisie shout. "I'm perfectly fine taking care of myself."

The room went quiet for a short period of time and Leighton, Kennedy, and even the twins were trying hard not to laugh at the girls claim.

"What! I totally can." Maisie defend herself while Kennedy and Leightons face's turned crimson from how hard they were trying to hold in there laughs.