Chapter 70 - The Egg

"Hmm... alright. You're all good to go! Though keep a close eye on that hand of yours, okay? Its almost fully healed and we don't want anything to mess with the process." Madam Pomfrey state as she finished wrapping Kennedy's hand.

"Thanks again, Madam Pomfrey. I know it's probably annoying seeing me here so often." Kennedy laughed as she hopped off the small cot that she was sat on in the hospital wing.

"Oh, it's not a problem dear." The women state as she pats Kennedy's leg.

After the first task was finished she had been taken to a smaller tent a few feet away from the main one to get checked up on and rehydrated after everything that had gone down. She was able to see Cedric again and he was good as new as well as Viktor and Fleur who was fairly glad to see Kennedy made it out alive.

Though they all were still on their toes as they waited for Harry to finish his task. The entire time the only things they could hear were the shouting of the crowd and the occasional roar of the dragon inside. What seemed to scare Kennedy the most was the sound of fire crackling in the distance every so often.

Not only had that scared her, but she was also terrified when the entire arena went silent. Not a sound was heard for a good five minutes which set Kennedy on edge to the point where Cedric had to pull her into a hug to prevent her from putting herself and those around her in danger.

That had to have been the longest five minutes of their life.

But all ended up okay when the crowd started cheering again and eventually Hermione and Ron ran in to congratulate Harry (although they weren't supposed to) and soon enough they explained what had happened.

To say the least, Kennedy had o go check a mirror for grey hairs after all that had happened that day.

It was a bit later in the day now and Kennedy had needed to get her bandages changed since she took a shower and she saw her hand was a bit different looking than it had been before. It was nothing major, and she ended up finding out that it was just her hands way of scarring properly.

That was when it came to her that she would forever have that memory of meeting her father ingrained in her mind and her skin.

F.A.D.

"Forever A Deadlock." She whispered as the women walked away from her to go check up on a first-year who was surrounded by their friends.

With her fingers curling and uncurling over the thin layer of bandages Kennedy started to walk towards the door where she was met with a smiling Maisie and Cedric hugging one another next to Fred and George who were shaking from excitement when she arrived by their side.

"You were insane!" Fred states excitedly as he waved his hands around.

"How did you think to do that?!" George questioned with pure adoration in his eyes.

"First you got slammed to the floor-"

"Then another time-"

"And another-"

"And next thing we knew-"

"You ran away!"

"And then you dove under the stump and-"

"Boys!" Maisie hollered with a glare sending the two boys into silence from their rant. "I think she knows very vividly what happened when she was the one who did all those things. Don't you think?"

Fred and George looked to Maisie with a smirk as they walked down the hall surrounding Kennedy who was in her head as she watched students passing by.