Chapter 76 - So Who Is It?

The world was a faded blur to Kennedy where she lay staring at the ceiling. She had been at this for about two hours now and Maisie hadn't been able to draw her away from her constant oblivious gaze into the unknown.

The girl had even dragged Kennedy off her bed at one point, yet she just lay unphased on the floor. Eventually, Maisie gave up and gathered a few people for backup, including Cedric, the girls, Leighton, Gabrielle, and Benny since Milo was off with Sean helping him out with some things.

When they had all gathered back into the room Maisie point dramatically to Kennedy who was still blankly gazing up to the roof above her from the floor.

They all gathered around Kennedy and in her vision if she were paying attention she would have seen all of their heads in a circle above her.

"How long has she been like this?" Gabrielle asked as he poked Kennedy's cheek lightly.

"Two hours," Maisie respond dryly.

"Why is she on the floor?" Benny asked glancing at Maisie who smirked.

"Couldn't get her to move, but pulling her off the bed didn't seem to work either."

The group fell silent as they watched Kennedy blink blankly. Her breathing wasn't rushed or labored and her muscles were surprisingly relaxed for once, so they knew she wasn't in any danger and neither were they.

"When did she get like this?" Angelina asked.

"Better yet, when did she get back? Did anyone even see her at all last night after she left?" Katie butt in causing her friends to look at one another with short shakes of their heads.

"Get back?" Leighton asked. "From where?" He state directing his attention to Maisie who had her eyes on his from under Cedric's arm.

This time Alicia took it into her hands to tell of where the girl had been.

"Long story short, Dumbledore said he needed to meet her by Hagrid's hut. But when she left, nobody saw her again until now."

Cedric furrowed his brows some at this statement as he turned his gaze down to Maisie before speaking.

"Wait, she wasn't in the room when I brought to back here around midnight?" Maisie simply shook her head up at the boy.

"Did she get laid?" Gabrielle laughed causing the group to chuckle some until a slipper suddenly flew up and smacked the boy in the face rather roughly.

"Definitely didn't get laid." He grumbled while looking down at Kennedy who wore a very small smirk on her face as she continued to gaze at the ceiling.

"Oh no you don't!" Maisie shout before grabbing Kennedy's feet and pulling her backward.

"Woah-" Kennedy state rather shocked by the sudden strength the smaller girl had.

"Up you get!" Maisie continued to bicker as she grabbed Kennedy's arms and pulled her up at an alarming rate that causing Kennedy to fly forward and crack into her best friend, resulting in the two falling to the floor.

"This is what you get for being forceful," Kennedy mumbled as she rolled off her friends who whined to herself as she brought her arms up for Cedric to grab.

While Maisie was being helped up Leighton laughed lightly as he walked up to Kennedy with his hands out, which Kennedy gladly grabbed ahold of as he pulled her up to her feet.

"You alright?" His genuine tone sound through the words he spoke as he looked to Kennedy who glanced to his eyes briefly as she walked to sit on her bed.